the UN's guide to disarmament

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by aa1911, Nov 25, 2012.

1. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

http://www.un.org/disarmament/HomePage/ODAPublications/AdhocPublications/PDF/guide.pdf

OK, stumbled upon this doing some research, thought it interesting (kinda scary too) although not as bad as I had imagined.

realize that most of this is referring to military weaponry and NBC threats, landmines, etc... so not all that related to our fight here in the US, but it does have a section on small arms.

most interesting:

WHILE NUCLEAR WEAPONS THREATEN us with mass
    destruction, on a cumulative basis conventional
    weapons wreak tremendous death and destruction
    every day in conflicts across the globe. It is,
    therefore, vital to encourage responsible conduct
    in conventional weapons transfers. We must also
    explore ways to lessen the pressure on States to
    engage in conventional weaponry build-ups, while
    safeguarding the legitimate right to self-defence of
    all Member States.

just wanted to share for those who have not seen this document yet.

sorry, not that exciting...
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

interesting..
  3. ozo

ozo Well-Known Member

"THE WORLD IS AWASH IN WEAPONS. There are an estimated 875
    million or more small arms in circulation, according to the United
    Nations Secretary-General’s report to the Security Council (April
    2008)."----page 3

I would wager, this alone, scares the livin' s**t
    out of these liberal ass kissing dumbasses....
    I bet most of these 'haters' and wannabe 'slave-owners'
    lose a lot of sleep....simply worrying about the numbers
    of it all.
    Even if these anti-gun, anti-populace, anti-freedom-for-others,
    retard, selfish, greedy power mongers win in the end, and put
    all the caring, loving, decent folks in prison camps.....
    they have still lost..... !!! They still don't win......
    and they STILL will not be satisfied !!!!!!
    Burn in hell, you fools !
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

More UN blah, blah, blah. Does this thing include the lyrics for Kumbaya? I didn't read the whole thing.
  5. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Soon there will be a billion firearms if there aren't already. No way to get rid of them all but the idiot crunchies won't stop until they feel 'safe'.

I'm doing a research paper and of course, I selected 'gun rights' as my topic in the essay. Supposed to be only 3 pages, I'm over 7 and have a ways to go yet. It's turning into a thesis, cripes. I'm wondering if the instructor is anti-gun and will get weak in the knees!? Will see...

May have to post it up here on TFF for you guys to help me finalize and add/change some things, whatya guys think, anyone in for homework? No, but I might post it up, I think I have made some good points advocating our freedom to own and use guns.

hahahaa!
  6. Munch

Munch Member

Post it aa1911, I for one, am always happy to read and learn from/about other peoples ideas on the subject of firearms and our right to own them, carry them, and use them within the law. Hope to have the chance to read your paper someday.
  7. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Cool, thank you. I will post it up either here or on a new thread. Class ends 8 Dec so it will be up before then!

I hope to get some good feedback from the instructor also. (online course BTW)

I see you're local too, hit me up if you want to do any open carry meets or anything, I'm over on the OC forums also, same username. Usually second saturday each month there's a south sound get together around Olympia, one in Federal way also.
  8. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

You may find some useful talking points for your paper here. From the UN:

https://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/SALW/
  9. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

"In contexts of sustained use, ammunition stockpiles are rapidly depleted. "

depends on how much ya got! And if you're using your boolits in gun-fights, guess where you can get more? Uh, the guys you just shot? ha!

nice try though UN

thanks for the link, that's a bit easier to pull the useful info out of.
  10. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

11. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

From the U.N guide

:lmao2::lmao2:

Really! More 740,000(Not taking into account other forms of fatalities)! If that many people are dying a year lord knows we shouldn't have global population problems. :rolleyes: Impedes human development? I think mankind has developed pretty well considering all the crap that occurred in his long history. The truth is that those poor worn-torn nation's (No sarcasm intended) people just give into tyranny instead of actively taking a stand! Like the American Colonies! We didn't put up with tyranny, and neither should they!

Not legally-binding, but it ensure the states commit to arms tracing? That sounds pretty legally-binding to me. Not to mention the sheer economic cost of such an undertaking is ludicrous! They want member states, mind you most U.N states are undeveloped third countries who already have financial problems, to spend billions in arms and ammunition trafficking? The only nations whom could pull that off are the five founding members, and even those that already impose such restriction are barely staying solvent! *ahem European Union ahem*

What a bunch of redundant Marxist nonsense! Inflated numbers to drive people by fear; they're using the same tactics that they are supposedly against! This has nothing to do with human security. It all about subjecting control over sovereign states, out of fear of destructive war. War is hell everybody agrees with this, and war always should be the last resort, but sometimes there are no alternatives; some people only become peaceful when staring down a barrel of a gun, or the front of a warhead. What a bunch of rubbish!:rant:

Man this pisses me off!!:mad:
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  12. GunnyGene

GunnyGene New Member

740,000 a year is nothing. The global population net increase is around 75 million per year. That's after deaths from all causes including old age. 740,000 is about 1 months worth of whoopie. ;)
  13. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

Yeah, I went over board and became narrow minded, not thinking about the big picture.

I'm cool:cool: now.
  14. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

seriously, right? people try to scare us with raw numbers that don't really measure up when you put them all into perspective.

Sarah brady needs to start an automobile ban; after all, they kill as many (actually more) as firearms do in this country but injure over 2 million vs. about 50,000 at best for firearms... but no, firearms are the problem... sure thing...
  15. BulletArc47

BulletArc47 New Member

You know, it's about control. People's lives are inconsequential to the political elite. They know, you know it, average people owning guns prevents them (Politcial elite.) from becoming an autocratic dynasty
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012