1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Walker and conicals

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by the Barbarian, Jan 18, 2012.

1. the Barbarian

the Barbarian New Member

I got a conical mold, for my Walker, a ways back and found that they wouldn't load properly. The port on the barrel section of my Uberti is too small and misshapen. The conicals just didn't fit, so I did a bit of gun smithing today and ground the portal out, top and bottom. The leading edge of the barrel now matches the thickness of the bottom of the receiver; instead of being nearly twice as thick. I polished it all up and since my gun has no bluing, it looks just fine. The bullets now load without a hitch; I wonder why it's like that in the first place?