The Walker and conicals

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by the Barbarian, Jan 18, 2012.

1. the Barbarian

the Barbarian New Member

I got a conical mold, for my Walker, a ways back and found that they wouldn't load properly. The port on the barrel section of my Uberti is too small and misshapen. The conicals just didn't fit, so I did a bit of gun smithing today and ground the portal out, top and bottom. The leading edge of the barrel now matches the thickness of the bottom of the receiver; instead of being nearly twice as thick. I polished it all up and since my gun has no bluing, it looks just fine. The bullets now load without a hitch; I wonder why it's like that in the first place?