The Weather Channel idiots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hkruss, Aug 29, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Just watching the hurricane coverage. I always think how stupid it is that the reporters 'on scene' feel the need to stand outside in the wind and rain to deliver their reports. With one hand keeping their weather channel hat from blowing off, they stand there leaning into the wind looking uber cool in their L.L.Bean rain jackets. Very dramatic. Almost as if they are dodging bullets in a war zone. Sooner or later, one of them is gonna get beaned live on camera by a flying sign or piece of plywood or such! THEN maybe they will get some sense and do their report from inside a building with the camera showing what's going on outside.

Nah, probably not.

Idiots.

2. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Anything to make the news dramatic. :rolleyes:
  3. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

it's good for business.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Yep, that's Show Business!!
  5. Woodnut

Woodnut Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

I have seen enough of it here at my house, I sure don't want to stand out in it and dodge tree limbs. We have got about 60-70 Mph winds here now. But you will have to take my word for it, cause I am not gonna go out and make you a video.
  6. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Every time it rains here they rush out to get video of it. No matter how little it's raining. I've seen them in full rain gear with an umbrella with it barely sprinkling and they're saying" As you can see it's really starting to come down now" and then they show a little water running in the gutter. It's pathetic.
  7. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I also have often wondered why they stand out in that kind of weather just to let people know how the weather is, like those people who live in the path of a storm don't already know.
  8. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

wait untill a piece of metal flys by and decapitates the reporter.
    that will show us how tuff they are
  9. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid New Member

10. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

It's almost as dumb as the people staying behind the levees in N.O. knowing the levees may not hold. Now someone has to risk their life to save an idiot.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  11. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Active Member

It's all about ratings. No one watches the weather channel unless a hurricane or other natural disaster is on its way. The more drama, the higher the ratings. It's not news reporting any more, it's making a difference, don't ya know!
  12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

A few years back Jim Cantore was standing in what most have been a out door hallway at a hotel. Wind just a tearing at him . He could hardly stand up !!!! Oh the drama. Then someguy out for a after strom strool walks by on the board walk in a t-shirt and shorts like he was out nice after noon strool with the wind at maybe 10mph. Busted Jim big time. Guess everone knows how a breeze-way will multiply wind speed . Thats what ole jim looks for so hard to set the intense drama of it all. Like the lastest video in new orleans , he is standing in front of one of the narrow side streets from the horse and buggy days ,or one way now. What a little pud'n head.
  13. boatme99

boatme99 New Member

I always hope for that flying metal sign......:)
  14. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

it's the same thing with elected officials after a natural disaster. they feel the urge to be there with the rest of us. "see? I'm just like you"
  15. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    It's not news, and it's not weather reporting! It's drama! Plain, and simple. The weather reporters lie just like the news reporters. You can't believe anything they say!
  16. Kestral

Kestral Member

Some time back they had a Doctors meeting with Pres Obama at the White House, I had to laugh as they were all wearing white coats, Did the general public think that it wouldn`t be belivable if they wern`t wearing white coats,surely the public are not that thick.
  17. Brass Tacks

Brass Tacks New Member

to quote Ron White, "it's not THAT the wind is blowing, it's WHAT the wind is blowing. If you get hit by a Volvo..........."

they seem to always what to put some reporter outside in the middle of a rain/snow storm to do their report. do they think we won't believe them if they don't?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slEPV9LyS0
  18. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

19. DBMJR1

DBMJR1 New Member

New rule:

All reporters must report on forest fires in the same manner they do hurricanes.:D