The woods are going to get more dangerous -

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ampaterry, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I, as I am sure many of you, immensely enjoy the time I spend in the woods. The peaceful calmness, the quiet, the sounds of nature - it is simply beyond compare.

But that may be ending now.

Spike TV has worked a deal with Lloyd's of London (yeah, the insurance giant) to offer a TEN MILLION DOLLAR reward for irrefutable proof of BIGFOOT.

We all know that there is only ONE proof that is irrefutable.
    A body.

So with an offer of ten million dollars, how many guys do you think will load up the old smoke-pole and head to the woods?

Not those FAMILIAR with the woods, certainly.

But those WANNABE woodsmen whose experience is limited to their TV screen.

The woods might be getting very dangerous -

The story is in the Huffington Post Here.
  2. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Great. I hope Big Foot takes their Jack Link's jerky.
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

whats a yowie worth ??

( i wonder if they'll buy Ju-liar's carcass )
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Active Member

I don't know about more dangerous but i'd bet there will be a surge in Search & Rescue operations. Most folks get lost walking through Wal-Mart much less the back country of Washington State, Oregon and the likes. Some of those wilderness areas are brutal.
  5. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

I have spent more then my share of time miles from other people and I do not believe it it. But if I ever run across one I will for sure dump two into its chest and the mystery will be over
  6. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    The more likely scenario is that some idiot will get "Bobo" from Bigfoot Hunters.
  7. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

why would you want to kill big foot? there is a lot of humans that did more damage than big foot could ever do
    what if he has a family? who will take care of them:eek:
  8. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Were it not for the very real potential of a tragedy this would be laughable. Many, many years ago, in the Adirondack mountain town I knew as a youth, there was a sudden overpopulation of black bears; nothing particularly dangerous as far as things went, but lots of knocked over garbage cans, missing dogs, chickens and so forth. In their infinite wisdom the county movers and shakers declared a bounty on black bears - ears to be turned in for $$. Well, I was just a kid, but I do remember a few stories of guys tumbling out of the local saloon at three in the morning, lurching down the street in the dark (dirt road, no streetlights), and then having to seek cover from potshots being taken at them. As best I recall nobody was killed or injured, and no human looking ears were turned in for $$. One bear did make the mistake of poking its snoot through a neighbor lady's kitchen window. She brained it with a frying pan, then went back to making the cookies or whatever it was that caused the bear to peek through the window.
  9. johnnyehlers

johnnyehlers Member

Haven't you ever heard of welfare? Pretty sure they would qualify as illegals. LOL
  10. 25yretcoastie

25yretcoastie New Member

Bigfoot never hurt anyone leave him,her or it alone!
  11. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

12. bamajoey

bamajoey Active Member

There is a reason no remains of a Bigfoot have ever been found. None exist.
  13. nmckenzie

nmckenzie Well-Known Member

Kinda like the cat skeletons you see dangling on tree branches from kitties that'd climbed up and couldn't get down.
  14. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

15. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

This got me curious, how long have we known about Bigfoot?

How long is his lifespan ??

Let the guy rest in peace jeez. :rolleyes:
  16. RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN New Member

It is the end all be all proof of their existence that's why. There is no denying the body. I don't kill things that don't need to die but in this case out of simply shutting the argument down I would with out a second thought put one down. No different than someone saying there are no cougars in MI. Maybe there are maybe not but is I see one the world will know..
  17. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

maybe Eric Holder can supply the "hunters".

it's a stupid idea created by people with more money than brains or respect for wildlife.

I'd be curious why Loyds cares the least bit. I sure don't. and I spend more time in nature than they do

maybe the extraterrestrial teenagers are bored with crop circles so they started doing a sasquatch thing to play with us. LOL
  18. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Fast and Furryious?

Yep
  19. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Man, that is FUNNY right there, I don't care who you are!

Why is Lloyds interested?
    They are an insurance company that will insure literally anything.
    In this case, they are gambling that Bigfoot does not exist.
    If no body shows up, they keep whatever premium they charged for the policy.
    If a body does turn up, they have to pay the ten million.

But without even getting into the yes/no of the existance of this creature, I worry about the OTHER two legged creatures in the woods!
    Around here, we have a lot of old guys that virtually live in the woods. They gather ginsing, yellow pitoon, mushrooms, grape vines, star root, etc. to sell for a living. Most have long hair, full beards, and really ragged scruffy clothes.
    And Lord help the man that would dare to wear a Gilly suit!
  20. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Yep, city folks shoot at anything, sounds, movement, or shapes. I've seen it happen, so the woods just might get a lot more dangerous!! Not a good thing for anyone, including Big Foot! I've spent a lot of time in the woods, and have never seen a Big Foot, nor any sign of one. That doesn't mean they don't exist, it just means that I have never seen one. I've never seen a Bugatti Veyron Super Sports that sells for $2,400,000, but they do exist!