The worst three weeks ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WHSmithIV, Dec 8, 2012.

1. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Sorry friends I need to write and vent. Hope you all don't mind.....

On my wife's birthday 3 weeks ago we get a call at 3 AM telling us our oldest daughter is in an ICU because she 'fell' off a 3rd floor balcony in Portland, Or.

So, I make the drive to Portland (10½ hours) with our pickup and our little trailer - pack up her apartment and move her here to Idaho where we can help her. 14½ hours back the next day with 4 hours of sleep in between. Bring her and her 'fiancee' here to Idaho, get them an apartment. She has 7 fractures in 3 of her ribs, 2 fractures in her spine and a lacerated liver. Her bf promises he's going to go to work and take care of her. What's he do - he beats the hell out of her. Now he sits in jail on $50,000 bond and will go to prison for felony aggravated assault. He goes down for 2-5 years. He's lucky he wasn't there when my daughter called me - I took my .45 to kill him. (Deputies weren't concerned about me packing at all - that's because we live in Idaho and we are a gun friendly state).

Then, the washing machine in our house quits - it's only about 14 months old - of course out of warranty by 2 months, the breaker box blows a breaker and I lose my entire computer lab (which I need to make an income), and the hot water heater quits. What a mess.

I still don't know if our daughter was pushed off that balcony, I will find out. If she was pushed - well, there will be payback.

I'm sorry friends - I needed to write this all down to calm my fury.
  2. 1 Eyed Jack

1 Eyed Jack New Member

Vent here and get it out, going to jail for the rest of YOUR life over a dirtbag isn't worth it, I know from experience that no matter how bad things may seem at the moment, it can always get worse, quickly, stay in control and don't let it get worse because you made a decision in haste,
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I hope things go BETTER for you soon.
  4. Willie

Willie Active Member

I would feel as you do. Take a deep breath and know that if you do what you really want to do,it will hurt you family more as you will be gone and no help to them. Better to wait a long time,years maybe,when all have forgotten and moved on and then.......from out of nowhere.............
  5. weaselone

weaselone New Member

I know how you feel. My stepdaughter was murdered by a pedophile that hadn't been out of prison for rape in high school it takes everything I got not to do something But here in SC (she was pregnant) He gets to die twice for 2 murders!!!
  6. weaselone

weaselone New Member

I meant he hadnt been out of prison for 2 months!
  7. wv hillbilly

wv hillbilly Active Member

we are here to listen or help
    i hope things turn around for you.
    i remember several years back we had to replace everything that had an electric cord on it . from the can opener to the tv and all in between
  8. rcairflr

rcairflr Active Member

I hope things improve for you and your daughter.

From the information given, I believe your daughter also needs to start making better decisions in her life and associate herself with better people. We all have to live with the decisions we make, whether they are good or bad.
  9. johnny ringo

johnny ringo Member

That's a very sad situation. Hope your daughter recovers soon. I've often said that if something like that happened to my family, I'd make sure something fatal happened to the perp when he was released.
  10. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thank God she is still alive. My son in law beat the hell out of my daughter and she took him back a year ago. You can't make decisions for your kids. Now we don't see her much as she knows I hate her husband.
  11. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

the washer and stuff takes a sideline compared to your daughter. does she see what mistakes she has made and want to change? take every possible legal matter to keep him away, forever. justice will be served in due time by someone else with more power than you or I could ever imagine ;)
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I complely understand, however try not to put threats into words any where, here or at home because that is meditated. Your wife and daughter need you and if you go off the handle and kill the guy you go to prison and pay the debt that he should have paid. I wish we could do what we want with these horible people, and trust me I understand because I have a daughter. You have to look at it this way though. Your daughter obviously knew he had a temper and she allowed it, and then chose to live with it. Don't let your decision to hurt the other guy put you in prison because your daughter made a decision to have a relationship with him.

I feel your pain and trust me, I would want revenge too. That means you love her and care. But your wife and daughter need you where you can help them best. God will take care of the guy.
  13. whirley

whirley New Member

Before action, be sure you have wise councilors!
  14. WHSmithIV

I know guys - I'm not going to do anything stupid. I sure want the dirtbag dead though. Maybe someone will off him in prison......
  15. m77user

m77user Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will pray for a complete and speedy recovery for your daughter. He will have to pay when his final day comes. Take care and GOD bless.
  16. Sig Willy

Sig Willy Member

Bitch all you want, that'll clear your mind and I agree, I'd waste that SOB.

I doubt the fall was an accident.
  17. WHSmithIV

Yeah - there are some serious questions about that fall. Cops in Oregon aren't doing anything about it either. Daughter doesn't remember much - she's suffering some amnesia. Her head was split open in the fall and needed 12 staples.

The SOB is in jail and will go to prison. Somehow though it just doesn't seem like enough. She has to struggle to survive and he gets free food and medical... something is wrong with the system.
  18. WHSmithIV

Thanks M77
  19. WHSmithIV

I feel for you - that plain sucks. It amazes me that we keep them on death row for years instead of spending less than a buck on a bullet and a firing squad of one.
  20. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

WHSmithIV
    I wish her the best.
    I used to work at the prison here In SD,
    Trust me when i say women beaters are 3rd on the list of crimes most inmates whill not tolalate.
    The other 2 envolve children.
    He is not going to be happy.