Then close the Embassy ...Bye Good luck !

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by cheesewiz, Sep 15, 2012.

1. cheesewiz

cheesewiz Active Member

KHARTOUM, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Sudan has rejected a U.S. request to send a platoon of Marines to bolster security at the U.S. embassy in Khartoum, the state news agency SUNA said on Saturday.

On Friday, a U.S. official told Reuters that Washington would send Marines to Sudan to improve security at the embassy after protesters entered the mission in a demonstration against a film that insults the Prophet Mohammad.

"Sudan is able to protect the diplomatic missions in Khartoum and the state is committed to protecting its guests in the diplomatic corps," Foreign Minister Ali Ahmed Karti told SUNA. (

Oh and one more thing ..NO MORE MONEY !!!
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Time to pull out....
  3. Millwright

Millwright Well-Known Member

Is our DOS going to send them in armed ? A Marine without ammo is just another bit of decor - and a dead Marine. Believing the Sudanese government is like believing that used car salesperson. >MW
  4. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

I say just another flee bitten country that is in need of a "Reset".
  5. mogunner

mogunner Well-Known Member

They've been sending in Marines who are a part of a unit specially trained for events like this, and yes they bring their firepower with them. We've already sent in at least two teams that I've read about to embassies.
  6. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

Seems to me that it's OUR Embassy - who the hell needs permission to send in some extra guards? Tell them the extra Marines are coming or else the Embassy leaves and Sudan can go to hell. No more American money.
  7. UncleDannie

UncleDannie New Member

It's the International Rules of Conduct, that the host country protects and guards all the embassies and missions within it. However, lately we don't trust their commitment. If they are unwilling or unable to protect out diplomatic missions, than I saw we don't need to be there.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  8. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. But I was under the assumption that we own the property under every one of our embassys. Just as every nation that has an embassy in the US owns the property it sits on. So if we own it, then we can occupy it any way we choose. F them. Send in the MARINES.