there is a GOD!!!

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by warpig, Jul 2, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

US cuts aid over ICC immunity refusals

The United States has cut military aid to 35 countries over their refusal to exempt US troops from prosecution by the new International Criminal Court (ICC).

The US, which is not a signatory to the ICC, has asked nations that recognise the court to exempt Americans from its provisions over fears they could be subject to politically-motivated prosecution by the court.

US officials says the suspension affects US allies like Brazil, Colombia and South Africa, the Baltic states as well as NATO hopefuls such as Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovakia and Slovenia.

White House spokesman Ari Fleischer says the US government will never accept the court.

"It's important to protect American service men and women and others in government," Mr Fleischer said.

Our Washington correspondent John Shovelan says the decision to punish countries that have refused to exempt US troops from prosecution is the latest in a series of attacks on the court by the Bush administration.

The US initially signed on to the court but later rescinded the agreement.

02/07/2003 10:35:01 | ABC Radio Australia News
  2. Shizamus

Shizamus New Member

armedandsafe posted this in his post :

'a step in the right direction'
  3. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

The next step needs to be the other foot planted firmly in the buttocks of the UN while we watch them sail rump over head back over the Atlantic.
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Think about it, Evil. Do you really want to kick those UNers in the rear? Me, I had my fill of cleaning sh1t covered boots in the Army, lo these many years ago. :D

Shiz, it is worth posting twice. Yeah!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2003
  5. Evilahole

Evilahole New Member

LOLOL!!!
    Hell, it would be worth the extra expense to buy a new pair of boots after soiling the other pair beyond use!