These jerks just don't give up

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by bcj1755, Dec 11, 2009.

1. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Here's two interesting stories about Gorebal Warming:rolleyes:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_sc/eu_eu_summit

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091211/ap_on_sc/climate

Read between the lines...these "news" stories are shot through with these jerka**es blatently talking about redistrubting wealth!:mad::mad: Well of course, the leaked emails tell us what many of us here already knew, that glow-BULL warming was a crock, but these closet commie douchebags are still going full speed ahead like a passenger liner bearing down on an iceburg. Between the emails (that the "fair and impartial" American media are almost completely ignoring, or when they do talk about it, they imply heavily that the "climate skeptics" are whackadoos:rolleyes:) and this open talk of marxist-style wealth redistribution, we now know beyond any shadow of a doubt the REAL reason for all this crap...a unified global government and global redistribution of wealth.:mad::mad:
  2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I don't know what lies ahead but I believe it will be very bad for us all... If countries have been duped into participating in this charade then something very bad is in the works. Intelligent people don't buy this, and even more so realize how badly it will affect their home country's economy. We're in trouble on a monumental level. :eek:
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

COPENHAGEN CLIMATE CONCERNS
    by Sherwood, Keith and Craig Idso | December 4, 2009
    As representatives of the nations of the world meet in Copenhagen to attempt to restrict the use of energy produced from coal, gas and oil in the guise of fighting global warming, many scientists and scholars are expressing grave concerns about what they are trying to do, as shown in the video vignettes posted in the categorized-links below.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To see all the links for the videos click this link. Tons of information about the Marxist distribution of wealth.
    http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/commentaries/copenhagen_climate_concerns.pdf
  4. topper

topper New Member

'EU nations commit 3.6 billion to climate fund'. I would think that should be climate FRAUD. Just something else we will have to pay a fee or tax on. It's all about money. Perhaps the EU nations politicians found out how to soak the people for every little 'crisis' that they can make.
  5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

Gotta disagree. Global warming is a concern. It doesn't take much to screw with this ecosystem we have and once it is done, it is done. There is no turning back. If the atmosphere is tarnished and we decide OMG!!! We need to do something NOW, it will be an exercise in futility.

Before switching to pharmacy as my major, I studied Biology and Chemistry. For seven years. Part of the general studies included climate change. It was brought up over and over again in class after class because it affected everything. This was being addressed back in the eighties and there was a huge concern in the scientific community.....and it hasn't let up. At all. In fact, it has escalated. Most, if not all, scientific academies worldwide have addressed the issue and attributed the cause to human influence, or at the very least entertained the possibility.

Yes there is a trend here and yes there is controversy. But the average temp has risen over 1 degree C in the last 130 years. We haven't had any more (or any less) volcanic activity in that time......To my knowledge, deep sea burps of methane have not risen to any great extent......but enter industrialization and we have a plausable cause and effect. It's not the degree of temperature that so much the issue here but how fast it is changing relative to past fluctuations. And believe me...there have been some huge fluctuations.

So, IMO, it is best to keep one's mind open on this one, at least to the possibility. Ya don't have to believe it outright. You don't have to accept it as The Word of God. But just sweeping it under the rug in spite of all the data out there dangerous at best.

The study of climate change over the history of the Earth is a fascinating one. I am just geeky enough to get into it and find it interesting. And no.....I haven't seen Al Gore's movie show special thingy whatever it was. I found his dull back in the ninties and didn't want to listen to that voice ever again. And I don't trust the politics behind it......I just refer to that which the scientific community has put out over the years.
  6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

The one thing we do know is the climate changes and has forever. I do not for one minute buy into this "we are doomed" nonsense that is being created by Gore and his cronnies. If the science and evidence is so solid, why the need to falsify the data to prove the point?

I view it as a big scam to get my money. Sorry good try. Must try harder to get my money pried out of my hands for bogus science.
  7. Hells Toy Master

Hells Toy Master New Member

and you have seen the news of the e-mails of climatoligsts rigging the numbers for years?:confused:

Its a LIE...

Dont get me wrong... I thing we have to be good stewards of the land, but that dose not mean that mother nature is as fragile as you think...

the moment you think she is weak, she hits you with a Katrina, or a swine flue to kill your butt off...

We cant predict the weather 10 days in advance in Washington state, but the same idiots can predict it 50+ years in advance?

Dont make me laugh.:D:D:D

There is a saying in Washington....

"If the weather man says there is a 'chance' of a storm hitting... baton down the hatches...."

"IF the weather man says that there 'Will' be a storm landing.... your in the clear."
  8. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I agree with this. I don't go for throwing trash down or crapping up the planet, but Al Gore is a bloated sack of hot whipped air.

The earth's temperature is not stable. The earth's orbit is not perfectly stable, nor is it's rotation around the sun. Another factor to consider is the sun itself. It's radiation output is not completely stable, nor are the sunspots on it's surface, all of which have an effect on our weather. Remember, from the 1300s to the 1700s, most of Europe was in what is called the Little Ice Age. The temepratures were colder than normal, which caused lower crop yields, which in turn made the people more suseptable to the bubonic plague. The temperatures starting rising something in the 1700s, BEFORE the Industrial Revolution.
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Good, I hope you watched the videos that I posted above. These should bring even more fascination to you.:)

After watching them you might even come to the conclusion that the more CO2 produced the less of the sunlight (heat) reaches the surface of the earth, therefore proving this MAN MADE global warming scam is really a scam. Maybe?
  10. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

The more videos that I watch the more I'm realizing just how true your statement quoted is.

The IPPC is nothing but a bunch of politicians that are pushing an agenda using what information they want to use. The information they want to use is anything that says man has created..., we are doomed..., we need money..., ...

So John, or anybody else that believes in man made global warming and believes so because of information from the UN you are just being used and manipulated. It appears the UN has read and understands "Rules for Radicals.":(
  11. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn New Member

I see where you are coming from....I do. My point is to just keep the mind open to the possibilities and not shut it out totally. There are people out there who devote their lives to this....and sure, there are some idiots out there rigging the numbers for their own benefit, but there are others who are doing some honest work and coming to the same conclusions.

And where I do not subscribe to doom and gloom, I do get concerned WRT the domino effect. I pay close attention to what happens in the oceans. If something goes terribly wrong there, or the balance is disrupted, the likelyhood of it impacting us land lovers is high. For example, if there was an event that severely disrupted the growth of algae, our oxygen would be kaput. 70% of our oxygen comes from the oceans. A good sized number, 15 to 20%, I believe comes from the rain forests. Just an example of things that are not being taken care of that can effect us. That is why I am a HUGE believer in maintaining as much of our current environment as possible: In the oceans, on the land and in the atmosphere.

And the orbit of the Earth as well as other factors do play an important part and has been factored into the equation, with the same results. Long term trends are much easier to predict than short term. Change over hundreds or even thousands of years are much, much easier to refer to and analyze. Much easier, certainly, than our wonderful Washington weather :). We never know what it coming here.

And the Little Ice Age is an excellent point of how climate changes can impact us. I remember that the change was less than 1 degree C. I think the number was reported at 0.2 degree C.

So this is where the liberal side of me rears it's head; I am as far left on environmental issues as I am right on gun control. I am all for trying to, in the midst of progress and increasing population, preserve what little we have left on the planet. I see too many people forget that we live in an ecosystem where everything is, in some way and at different levels, dependent on each other. Now the ecosystem is not so fragile that we are going to end up on the **** end of the stick tomorrow, but if we ever get there, we will not be able to turn back......
  12. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

The bottom line is, a warmer planet is better than a colder planet.
    A more tripical environment is better than a dry one.
    Heat creates more moisture in the atmosphere, which gets distributed around the globe.

We are currently in a cooling trend.
    Why?
    CO2 can't be the cause.

Hurricanes this year were laughable.
    The prediction:
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/weather/12/10/hurricane.season.2009/index.html
    The results:
    http://topics.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/the-2009-hurricane-season-in-review/

Climate change primarily occurs for two reasons.
    The sun and the oceans.

If mankind could control either of those sources, we could indeed claim to be the cause of climate change. Good luck with that.:rolleyes:

We are a pimple on the butt of this planet. We can no more affect the climate than we can the tides. Pretty damn arrogant in my opinion.

Global warming is not the problem here, as we have no control over it.
    Global scamming is the problem. And we CAN control that.
  13. the morning light

the morning light New Member

There are many scientists that do not go along with the global warming theory. The problem is the media does not give them equal time in their publications or their networks so we are hearing mostly one side of the story unless we get out there and do some digging so we do get both sides. It's wonderful to have a library at your key board, isn't it?
  14. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUtzMBfDrpI&feature=player_embedded

UN Security Stops Journalist’s Questions About ClimateGate

by Mike Flynn A Stanford Professor has used United Nation security officers to silence a journalist asking him “inconvenient questions” during a press briefing at the climate change conference in Copenhagen.
    Professor Stephen Schneider’s assistant requested armed UN security officers who held film maker Phelim McAleer, ordered him to stop filming and prevented further questioning after the press conference where the Stanford academic was launching a book.
    McAleer, a veteran journalist and film maker, has recently made a documentary “Not Evil Just Wrong’ which takes a sceptical look at the science and politics behind Global Warming concerns.

He asked Professor Schneider about his opinions on Climategate – where leaked emails have revealed that a senior British professor deleted data and encouraged colleagues to do likewise if it contradicted their belief in Global Warming.
    Professor Phil Jones, the head of Britain’s Climate Research Unit, has temporarily stood down pending an investigation into the scandal.
    Professor Schneider, who is a senior member of the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said he would not comment on emails that may have been incomplete or edited.
    During some testy exchanges with McAleer, UN officials and Professor Schneider’s assistants twice tried to cut short McAleer’s question.
    However as the press conference drew to a close Professor Schneider’s assistant called armed UN security guards to the room. They held McAleer and aggressively ordered cameraman Ian Foster to stop filming. The guard threatened to take away the camera and expel the film crew from the conference if they did not obey his instructions to stop filming Professor Schneider.
    The guard demanded to look at the film crews press credentials and refused to allow them to film until Professor Schneider left the room.
    McAleer said he was disappointed by Professor Schneider’s behaviour.
    “It was a press conference. Climategate is a major story – it goes to the heart of the Global Warming debate by calling into question the scientific data and the integrity of many scientists involved.”
    “These questions should be answered. The attempts by UN officials and Professor Schneider’s assistant to remove my microphone were hamfisted but events took a more sinister turn when they called an armed UN security officer to silence a journalist.”
    Two officers corralled the film crew and one officer can be seen on tape threatening the cameraman. The Guard can also be heard warning that if the crew did not stop filming their would seize the equipment and the journalists expelled from the conference.
    McAleer says he has made an official complaint about the incident.
    “I have met Mr Christopher Ankerson the UN’s head of security for the conference and he has confirmed it was Professor Schneider’s staff who asked the security guards to come corral us at the press conference. Mr Ankerson could not say what grounds the security guard had for ordering us to stop filming.”
    “This is a blatant attempt to stop journalists doing journalism and asking hard questions. It is not the job of armed UN security officers to stop legitimate journalists asking legitimate questions of senior members of the UN’s IPCC.”
    Professor Schneider was interviewed for McAleer’s “Not Evil Just Wrong” documentary but lawyers later wrote to McAleer saying he was withdrawing permission for the interview to be used.
    McAleer, who is from Ireland, has gained quite a reputation for asking difficult questions of those who have been promoting the idea of man-made Global Warming.
    His microphone was cut off after he asked former vice-president Al Gore about the British court case which found that An Inconvenient Truth had a nine significant errors and exaggerations. Almost 500,000 people have watched the incident on youtube.
  15. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

The fact is that most of the money spent of such projects winds up in the hands of corrupt officials. What little bit trickles down to the folks makes minimal impact of their lives except that the repressive, corrupt regimes are strengthened by the money.