They're at it again

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Aug 17, 2010.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It just keeps rolling on. :D

Pops
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

so yes you can breath , but you have to buy your own air or bring it from outside the city

yeah legal, right ...

you can have your rights but we'll put so many barriers in place you'll give up or be a damned hard core person so then we'll watch you like a hawk ...

and as soon as you violate one of the many new rules , you'll lose that right in a subsection somewhere ..

nice ..
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  3. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

4. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

What they need to have is a Federal law that is similar to the Voting Rights Act, but protects firearms owners.

Just as the Voting Rights Act prohibited "special requirements" to vote, they need a law that prohibits "special requirements" to practice your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

Why don't they just create a Federal law that says if you come up clean on a background check, you automatically get to possess and carry a firearm openly or concealed?

The way I see it, any law that "limits" firearms ownership or the "keeping and bearing" of arms, is an infringement upon the Second Amendment and is therefore illegal under Federal law.

The only reason I support background checks is because if someone sells to someone who goes out and commits a crime, that leaves the seller liable. And technically, any business that doesn't receive public funds can refuse service to whomever they want. I say leave it up to the gun dealer to do a check or not.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

That about sums it up - for all politicians.
  6. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I can't wait for one of these Chicago residents to get pissed off by these laws and just go b@+$h!+ crazy against the anti-gun people.
  7. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Many of the residence of Chicago are so fed up with not being able to protect themselves, they would drive outside the city limits to test. Heck the range I go to has people that come from an hour away. Its just another law maker, making things inconvenient as always.
  8. obxned

obxned New Member

What I find shocking is that anyone with the money to buy a firearm has not climbed out of that cess pool. With or without the 2nd Amendment, it is still Chicago.