1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

thin grips

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by click, Oct 16, 2007.

1. click

click New Member

Just got a new Taurus PT 1911. Unfortunately i have my same old hands. Throw in newly acquired Arthritis and all of a sudden i can't hold on as well as i did some 40 years ago.Anyone out there have a clue who makes the thinnest grips for a 1911? I'm sure i'm not the only one with this condition.:eek:
    PS: Before the replies start coming ............it's just small hands...............:D
  2. JERICHO941

JERICHO941 New Member

You could maybe find something here.

http://www.vzgrips.com/gallery.html

I have not really found a differences in the slimmest slim grip panels. Ive only seen the original custom made panels and the slim/thin panels for carry guns. My best say for it is google it.
  3. HeadHunterII

HeadHunterII New Member

I have held a 1911 with the Alumagrips on them and they are pretty darn thin. http://www.alumagrips.com/. They are kinda on the pricey side but being made out of aluminum means that they will pretty much last for ever.
  4. thunderstruck507

thunderstruck507 New Member

I think you may be hard pressed to find some smaller than the ones that come on the taurus...they are notably smaller than most others.
  5. Tombeis

Tombeis New Member

6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

The usual way to reduce grip size on a 1911 is to use a flat mainspring housing and a short trigger. If you pistol has these things, you must have really small hands and I don't know of any remedy for your problem.