Things are looking up...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glocknut, Jan 8, 2012.

1. glocknut

glocknut New Member

A little bit of an update...

I have been working my butt off! 12 hour days M-F and about 6 hours of Saturday. I have decided to move out of the tin can and into a real apartment.
    Its kinda pricey but its brand new and very VERY nice. They are building several new units and i am lock in for getting one of the new ones. It has a fireplace... :)
    I am tired of living with these trailer trash rats at the RV park. My next door neighbors were having a very loud argument the other day about how much "dope" she goes through... I had always suspected they were dopies but now its confirmed.
    Having an apartment will mean being able to get DSL internet... when i can find time to use it....

The car is running good...and i will not ignore the timing belt at 50k miles! I am a bit more "in tune" to the maint needs of the car. Before i ever bought it i talked to the service dept to see how much it would be to replace... I think ahead now a days.

Oh, i allmost forgot. I bought a new SW686p with a 3" barrel? Its not the snubby but the next one up in length.... I don't have a pic at the moment. I will try to remember to post one later. I am at the laundromat at the moment. Wifi internet is not as good as i thought it would be. In fact its a pain in the butt.....

mike
    gn
  2. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

So glad to hear that things are looking up for you. (Or are you looking up something you shouldn't be:D:D)?
    Best wishes for the future!
  3. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Excelent news Mike! We miss ya sorely.

Ya know what they say...

When life gives ya lemons, Have a bowl of chile. :fart::dontknow::D
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Mike, keep lookin up bud. Were rooting for ya.
  5. Millwright

Millwright Active Member

While I congratulate you on your prosperity, I'd also opine it might be better to "live far below your income level" and stash the cash difference ! Nice to show off I know but, perhaps far better to be acquiring a "nest egg" that will leverage you a better deal for the rest of your life !

Not condemining, just asking you to consider your options - and suggesting that good deals have a way of evaporating at the most inconvenient times! >MW
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Good to hear from ya Mike! Glad you'll be moving to a nicer pad, it's no way to live having to be subjected to dopeheads arguing. I thought pot was supposed to mellow one out?? Guess she's smoking too much and he's not got any let for himself? :rolleyes:

Keep on hangin on and get some pics of the new Smith and apt when ya can.
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

good on you GN , its good to hear your back with a plan ;) and more firepower ;)
  8. graehaven

graehaven Active Member

Good to hear from ya Mike. Post a pic or two when you can.

Will you be spending another "winter" in the tin can, or will you be in the new appt. before it gets too bad?
  9. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Glad to see you are still kicking.
  10. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Been missing you, Mike. Glad things are looking up. :)
  11. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo

My wife & I lived in a trailer park when we got married (Well I owned a Dubble wide 65fter.)
    Well there was a SHOOT-OUT way back in the back of the park!!!
    Rounds went threw like 6 trailers East & West of the A-holes shooting it out!!! Kinda made up my mind, it was time to GO! No-one was Killed or even hurt but can you imagaion sitting 3-4-5 trailers down & a bullet go wisling by ya!

HOLY SHEET But thats why We Sold & got outta there!
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  12. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

glad to hear all the good news!

remember, if life gives you lemons...

slice them up and serve them with tequila :D
  13. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

Very good to hear from you my friend... You've been on my mind.

It's nice to know that things are starting to shape up.
  14. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT New Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Hey... Mikey Dude.... :) ... glad to have ya back bro...

Now ya can cook that road kill in yer own fire place...

Instead of on the engine block...
    :p
  15. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Showing off has nothing to do with this decision. I'm just tired of living like a pig...

I am also not concerned with retirement. All the rest of my family has gone about the 55 to 57 age mark of this or that. I hope to follow suit.
    Also, i am not interrested in building a nest egg for someone else to Pizz away as it were.... I'd rather enjoy it myself.

I will admit...the one thing that scares me a little is another national economic meltdown. As the story goes...my company made it through the last meltdown without layoffs but there was no overtime. I can survive without the overtime.
    My expenses will only be $1300 a month as my car is payed for and i usually live very lightly when it comes to other expenses. My cell phone is the most basic and cheap plan i could get... etc etc etc

No...i certainly have NO PLANS of handing over my money to some investment guru who is wanting their COMMISSION....
    We had a lady...and i use that term loosely...that come to the company and made a sales pitch for retirement investments. She got really snotty when i said i Do Not wish to participate. :mad:

No...its time to enjoy life a little bit...

mike
    gn
  16. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Naw...i gotta suffer a bit. The apartment complex is working on phase II which are expected to be completed by late Feb. I could move into an apartment that has been lived in but i don't want to have one that has even had the possability of having had dog shyte or cat pizz on the carpet..... ever! Or been smoked in either. I have allergies... and i LIKE new!

Besides this gives me a chance to build up and even bigger piggy bank before i move in. I'll be able to be several months ahead right from the get-go.

mike
    gn
  17. glocknut

glocknut New Member

back in the quarry we used to use the barrel stove or the engine heat of either the Selleck Forktruck or the Backhoe...whatever we were running at the time. Even the Diesel Sullivan Air compressor got into the act....

Road kill.... naw...

mike
    gn
  18. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

sounds great Mike best of luck glad things are going better