Things just keep getting more absurd

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Mar 7, 2012.

1. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was discussing the USA..USA..thing with my wife this morning. Somebody here asked, how we take it back to where it was. We don't.

Once anything is as widespread as PC is, and accepted as the norm in this country, it's a done deal. Thought crime is just outside the door.
  2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

My friend it is INSIDE the door. What do you call it when additional charges can be added to a crime based on an offenders frame of mind, as in "hate" crime?
  3. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hate crimes have to include verbal remarks, with witnesses, before they can be legitimately prosecuted. You and I may know from seeing it, or reading it, that it was a hate crime.

But that isn't enough for a court room. If a person(s) are found guilty without what is referred to as " real " evidence, the guilty finding will be overturned.

The word " real " in a courtroom, doesn't necessarily mean something a person can touch, or see in order for it to be considered Real.

It's complicated. :)
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Apologizing to the rest of the world is becoming second nature to us now that our POTUS got the ball rolling!
  5. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Member

The US of A no longer has a 'president'. We are now giving our 'leadership' to an "Assitant Under Secretary General Of The UN", based in DC.

At this point, we should just outsource the job to India. Apu can work the POTUS gig into his IBM Tech Support and Phone Sex jobs. We get far better competency and much cheaper vacations for our 'president'....... :rolleyes:

I knew when the school districts got on that "Zero Tolerance" thing it would mean big trouble! Basically it absolves the administration of the schools from taking any responsibility and using any brain cells. "Draw a gun, go to jail!" :eek:
  6. Jerryboy

Jerryboy Well-Known Member

I wish I had been there. I would've shouted "USA!" until until my voice went hoarse and my jaws cramped so bad i couldn't move them. :patriotic:
  7. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

in the US ( for now ) correct , but try it elsewhere , the judges here have been known to dismiss evidence that is pure fact , video evidence that it was not hate speech , all in the effort to appease the noise makers