Think about it, before buying a PT111

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by Old_Chipper, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Old_Chipper

Old_Chipper New Member

:mad:I purchased a Millennium Pro PT-111 9mm yesterday, 21 Nov 2012, because I wanted a smaller carry gun. Today I watched the Taurus video, to be sure I understood how to disassemble it to clean all the sticky stuff off it. Came apart just like they showed, but the recoil spring was extremely hard to get out. I cleaned everything, lubed as suggested and tried to reassemble it. The recoil was stuck and I tried everything, it will not move. It is not unscrewed as far as I can see. At least I can’t turn it neither direction.
    When Academy sold me the gun, they insisted I sign a statement stating that, I knew I could not return the pistol for any reason. I almost backed out at that point. But since nearly all the reviews were good, I bought it against my better judgment. Now I wish I hadn’t, after all, how can I trust a gun that came out the box with a problem? How do I know it will work when someone’s life might depend on it working?
    I understand Taurus has a good customer service, I’ll see for myself 1st thing in the morning! I guess it will make a nice addition to my range guns. I should have bought a S&W, I own eight of them never had a problem with any of them!
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

Taurus has had some problems, but IMHO a retailer that asks a customer to sign a non-return waiver may be selling used guns or guns that have been bolixed up by a previous owner. So I wouldn't necessarily blame Taurus for that one.

I did look at the video to refresh my memory of the gun and see no reason the recoil spring won't come out just as shown; it is a common setup, not something exotic.

BTW, what sticky stuff? AFAIK, Taurus ships gun with a light oil, not cosmolene.

Jim
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

I am just confused about this post........the recoil "what" is stuck and unscrewed "what" .....?

How did it come out of the box with a problem......did they tell you it was messed up when you bought it or are you assuming it was messed up?