Think of buying AR need input

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by ryan42, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Good groups for a carbine.

Great carbine for 3-gun competition.
  2. NEILT

NEILT New Member

I would chamber it in 5.56, that way you're not limited to 223 only.
  3. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

You're not going to find AR15 carbines chambered with the short thoat (the difference between .223 and 5.56).

Our Standard Carbine, for example, is chambered for 5.56 "Wylde." M4 feed ramps, properly staked gas key, 7075 aircraft aluminum... list goes on. Comes with 30-rd MagPul PMAG and tactical soft case. Lifetime warranty. All for $649.
  4. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

BUSHMASTER!!!!!!!
  5. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

PLEASE find somebody that knows web design and have a sit down with them.
    Your page loads...the loads some more..then i Have to "ENTER" and it loads more stuff....really?
    Most visited sites on the net - google, FB- simple and they work.
    Flash I assume? Limits who can see it - if they can't see it then YOU DO NOT EXIST. Bad for business that.

Lose the gimmicks like the 'bouncy' animated icons...it's not 2001 anymore and I assume you're not a bunch of 13 year olds..but then maybe your web designer is.

And I clicked on the picture icon...and got no pictures. Now the pics do show on the HTML site...the unfinished seriously annoying colored site...a link for 'your text'..really?

And you need to make it easy for folks to do business with you - how about your phone number, address, etc? I looked and see you're in texas...between here and there...like nowhere at all. Trying to hide? Why?

I'm sure you make great products...it's a shame my first impression of you is your lousy website.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  6. justsomeguy

justsomeguy New Member

Thinking about a AR-15

How on earth do i make decision on which brand to buy. I certainly dont wanna buy garbage but i also dont wanna pay just for some name either. Do you guys have any info on one and why.
  7. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Just pick one. An ar is an ar. Unless you are looking at billet uppers and lowers stuff like that.

I know plenty of guys who buy the cheapest parts out there and end up with a 16" barreled tack driver.
  8. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Re: Thinking about a AR-15

...I tossed that around in my mind for sometime and finally one weekend, said the heck with it! (I was leani'n towards a Stag Arms) Went to the gun shop on that weekend and (which they had "several" makes and models) and got me a Stag and couldnt be more satified with it.
    (now if I can just apply the same advice and go get me a 1911)
  9. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

It took me all of 5 seconds to locate his address and phone number on his site. JUST SAYING.

Might try clicking on the Contact us link on the left side of the page. again JUST SAYING.
  10. StoneChimney

StoneChimney New Member

Yep, our website is optimized for Flash. However, at the bottom of the preloader page (the first page that comes up) is a link to view the site in HTML. Most 13-year olds can tell you that means it won't load using Flash and is suitable for dial-up connections or for people that never update Adobe Flash on their computer.

On the main page, there is text (words) that place us in northeast Texas just south of Tyler. On the Contact Us page, linked with an email icon from virtually every page in the site, is our full address, email address and phone number.

Images load fine in both Flash and HTML.

Sorry we won't do business.
  11. muddober

muddober Active Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  12. prof_fate

prof_fate Former Guest

They load fine for you perhaps, got not me.
    So I can't see the pics, find your address - you lose me as a customer.
    If you lost me I"m sure you lost others.

I looked at some of your competitors websites and I don't have the same issues....so I called them not you. Maybe you can afford to lose customers, I can't say.

The fun of google is it can find me all the vendors - and if your site won't work the back button on my browser will take to someone whose site does work. The harder I have to look to find your contact info (and an email link says EMAIL to me, not 'about us' ) and it's "too hard" then I'll go elsewhere. What is "too hard" varies from person to person of course. But you must make it as easy as possible for folks to do business with you or you'll lose some of them.

On my desktop computer I don't bother with html sites - why would I? So if your flash site won't work or takes forever to load or makes me hit ENTER (hey, I already DID that didn't I, when I clicked the link to get ot your site?????? why do you make me work harder than necessary to give you my money??????) I can go elsewhere very easily.

As for flash or not...look at the top websites - NONE are flash. http://www.alexa.com/topsites http://toolbar.netcraft.com/stats/topsites

Umm...if flash was the better way I think google or FB or amazon or others would use it. But they don't....for a very good reason.

13. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

Not trying to start a ruckus, but I recently read something in a gun mag that said you will occasionally see a barrel tagged as 5.56 with if you gauge it, it will show to be a .223 barrel. They stated the .223 is normally a tighter barrel and because of that accuracy may be a little better. The article I don't believe named companies, but they mentioned that you might see it more from companies that guarantee a certain MOA from their barrels or guns. The author stated the only real way to check is with a gauge and recommended picking them up from www.m-guns.com/ and I believe it is like $45 or so. I intend on getting one. The author also stated IF you have the wrong barrel you can REAM it. M-guns also sells the reamer, but it is over 2 bills.
    I read so dang many articles and have so many gun mags laying around I can't remember what mag it was. Maybe someone else can recall it. I have never ordered from m-guns and are not affiliated with them in any way for the record. Will see if I have the mag, may have handed it off to dad.