"Think the Unthinkable"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CampingJosh, Feb 20, 2009.

1. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Did anybody watch Glenn Beck's TV program today (Friday, Feb. 20)? He's had several experts in various fields on, and they've been discussing several different "worst case" scenarios.

If you caught this, what did you think?
  2. army mp

army mp Member

Buffalo Springfield’s The eve of Destruction
  3. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I just watched it....
    and I've honestly had that bad case scenario feeling ever since the election. That is the primary reason I joined this forum and I'm so glad I did.

Is it a possible reality? Yes. I believe it's true.

Can we stop it? I sure as hell hope so.

Did you read the sub title lines while the show was airing? Over 6000 people killed in Mexico last year. Tourists are put on alert. The borders are bracing.

It's starting.

Wall street is crumbling. Thank God they stopped the nationalization talks today and stopped some of the tumbles this afternoon.

They're talking about a scenario that could happen within 5 years.
    I'm so pissed off cuz I'm getting ready to retire by then and now I'm thinking that my future dreams of traveling will end up in the garbage....
    and now I'm thinking about investing in survival gear!

Geesh... I'm alone and rolling into Mad Max mode....ugh good grief!

But Beck was right.... we should go with our guts and be prepared for the worst...
    If it doesn't happen....Hallelujah!

If it does....then we'll be ready!

What did you think about it?
  4. kingnothingugm

kingnothingugm Member

Anybody have a link to this?
  5. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

6. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Well it was sobering, and consideriing my alcohol intake that's sayin' something.:p
    No, seriously I'm ok right now, I think.
    I can't help feeling a little relieved that I'm not the only one who is concerned about some bad things coming around the bend.
    Bottom line. We'll deal with it.
    No matter what we gotta do, we'll do it.
    I'm not saying things might not be really "different" I'm just saying that throughout history their have been challenging times, and this just might be our turn.
    God protect us all.
  7. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Ya watched it.

All politicians should be scared, especially those of the anti-constitution party(D).
  8. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Yep the wife and I watched it, as we do every night. His war room scenarios were nearly on target, although I tend to think each of the suggested scenarios will be worse in reality.

I don't think he cared much for Celente's honest, if negative, assessment for what's coming. What was funny was, when he was talking to the ex-CIA guy and the ex-Army guy, they started to scare him, literally, about what they think is coming. Basically, that the people not only would, but even should, fight the government. I thought Glenn would have a break down right there.

He's coming around, but, it's starting to really dawn on him now.

We're in the thick of it folks, and we're not getting out. :(
  9. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

I hope that those two guys will back on Monday. To bad he didn't have the time to do the show properly, as it could have been a two or three hours long.
  10. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Monday too. Hope they have a nice long segment delving deeper into where they didn't go tonight.

He's gonna have to pop a lot more M&Ms during that episode. :D:eek::rolleyes:
  11. Ed K

Ed K New Member

He's got the nerve to call a s---- a s----
  12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I didn't see it but I've heard enough of Celente and other resources to get the picture... :( Like I've said, the decisions being made now are not being made to pull us OUT of a recession. Even a basic micro/macro-economics overview course would tell folks that... Politicians want to keep us dumb and complacent. God forbid we start thinking and taking an interest all at once...

EDIT: I'll add that I believe we're seeing a mix of Alinsky's model on propagating radicalism and the Military's philosophy that a man must be torn down to be built back up into a desired form. That's scary stuff!
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  13. Gewehrwolf

Gewehrwolf New Member

I was always taught to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I watched it all (The show) and was especially interested in Glenns reaction to the two CIA guys answers. I think it threw him a little that there are actually people out here that are prepared to push back if something bad happens and are ready,willing and able.

I'll be watching Monday for the rest of the story................

BTW...... greetings to everyone here :)
  14. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Welcome Gewehrwolf!! :)
  15. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  16. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

I have a friend that has been in doomsday mode for the past ten years. To be honest I thought it was a bit nuts but he is a friend.:D Now he seems to have it right. He lives back in the woods, no electric or landline phone. He uses a army surplus diesel generator for power a few hours per day. He has stockpiles of canned foods and grains and a very large garden. He hunts and fishes for food also. He has nothing in the bank but he does have a pile of gold coins, the 1/10 oz ones. He is ready for whatever happens.

He doesn't seems so nuts to me now.

I'm not ready but we will make the best of it if I must at our camp in northern PA.
  17. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Since the election I've wanted to find a place in the hills or build a self sufficient log cabin (solar powered) with a generator back up. And get a horse too. My friends tell me I'm nuts but that's ok. I'm collecting things together now. I've only got me to think about but I have a feeling some people will be knocking on my door if the SHTF. And that's ok.

Your friend has felt it coming too.

and lots of other people out there....

I keep thinking about what Beck said...

think the unthinkable....and if it doens't happen then look up and give thanks!
  18. CampingJosh

I don't know how long solar powered would be self-sufficient after nuclear war. Wind would likely be far more reliable then.
    But of course, if we get to the point where the sun is blotted out, then we probably don't have long to worry about anything else, anyway.

I've personally been gathering supplies for about a year now, but I think the more important step is to learn to live lightly. If we practice living with 60 lbs of total gear--and nothing else, no matter what--then a future like that isn't so scary.
    I do enjoy the comforts of a modern lifestyle, but I also have worked on cooking all of my foods on a wood fire, and I practice building fires from nothing as quickly as possible. I haven't practiced in anything below 40 degrees, but I have done it extensively in rainstorms, which is a pain.

As for the show: it didn't really discuss anything that I hadn't already decided could very well be in our future. In fact, many of the things they listed as the "worst case scenario" were lighter than a couple of my own ideas. This was somewhat encouraging to me, though I'm still rather hesitant about believing that their "worst case" is genuinely the worst it could get.

The way I see it, we could very quickly be back to a lifestyle very close to feudal Europe.
  19. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Good points Josh. Thank you! I've been working on the food lately and basic gear. I still have alot to learn. Gee....this all still blows my mind!

My biggest question is 'where' to move after I sell my mom's house? IF I ever sell it! praying alot! I gotta get OUT of NY again!
  20. CampingJosh

I would recommend somewhere warmer. If we get to the point where we cannot afford electricty/gas, then heating a home will become a very important consideration. I know I wouldn't want to have to split all the wood it would take to keep this house warm for an entire Michigan winter (which for some reason feels like it's about 14 months long :p).