Thinkin' about moving - Miss, Ala, FL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blackhawk Dave, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hugh357

Hugh357 Member

Try Iowa. You can go down to the local pond and swim. Nice in the summer, humidity is not too bad. Good people. Winters are not too bad if you don't mind freezing your ass off and pushing snow. Adds variety. Not too many people and a lot of great rednecks. I live in the country and the solitude is great. Old fashion ways. We heat with wood and open the windows up in the summer. I like it.
  2. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

My dad's side of the family lives in Panama City, FL. They love it there. It's not as humid there as it is in Houston or Galveston for some reason. The winters are mild and the summers are not nearly as hot as Dallas summers. The crime rate is very low in Panama City....lots of military familys there. Another big plus for Florida is that their gun laws are almost identical to Texas.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  3. bluesea112

bluesea112 Active Member

I would stay away from Mississippi. It is a very poor state and you will have the same problems with crime there as you would have if you lived in New Orleans....if you know what I mean. I also have relatives in Huntsville, Alabama. They enjoy the climate, but it is a good ways away from the coast. I don't know what the climate is like on the Alabama coast.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  4. Blackhawk Dave

Blackhawk Dave Member

Thanks, all. May just look at Panama City. Sounds like what I'm looking for.