Thinking about getting an AK47 who can help>

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by The Count, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Laufer

Laufer Member

The Count:

Have you compared the SKS' ergonomics (no grenade launcher) and mild recoil with those of an AK clone?
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

$19 for 100 rds of 9mm at Walmart the other night. .19 per rd. Not bad. Federal, ball, 115 gr.

Picked up 95 gr, 100 rds of .380 (winchester) for $31 - cheapest I've seen in a while.

100 rds of ball .40 was $30.
  3. wingspar

wingspar Member

I don’t live close to a Walmart, and have only been in one a hand full of times. Was at the gun dept at a Walmart the other day, and picked up a 100 round box of WWB 9mm, I’ve tossed the receipt, but I think it was $23.something. Considerably cheaper than ordering online and paying shipping. Comes out to around 23 to 24 cents per round.

Seems like I normally pay around 35 cents per round for 9mm when ordering online with shipping. Don’t have any place around here to buy ammo. Almost all my ammo purchases are online. Now that I know about the Walmart, whenever I get to that town, which isn’t often, I’ll pick up some ammo.
  4. The Count

The Count New Member

to be honest i have not looked into the SKS yet....
  5. griffudd

griffudd New Member

Speaking of wood furniture, does anyone know where I could get a downward slanting buttstock for an AK-47---like the kind they used to put on the original AK-47s?