Thinking of getting a k31

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by RDavidP, Mar 28, 2005.

1. RDavidP

RDavidP New Member

I know very little about these rifles, but love the looks. I have read a few posts here and it sames that these are good quality rifles. A local gunshop is selling a bunch of these for $130 each. I looked at the outside of the gun, and other than a heavily nicked stock, no other outward signs of abuse or wear. There were no rust spots on the bit of the barrel that is exposed or any outside metal. As you know, most of the barrel is surrounded by the stock. I did look at the chamber and magazine and it all looks clean. I did not get to look at the inside of the barrel, because I did not ask if I could. If I did, I probably would have bought it without the knowledge I need before buying one of these guns. Does the price sound about right for these? What should I be looking for when I inspect the gun before buying? If I buy one, do they need to have any work done on them before they can be shot? Thanks guys.
  2. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

The price sounds about right and I'll bet the bore will be perfect . It seems likethey all are . No corrosive ammo for the Swiss .
  3. RDavidP

RDavidP New Member

How rare are these rifles? Is this one of those things that if I find it and want it, I better get it? As of Friday, the gunshop had about 10 of these on display.
  4. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

Go ahead and get one if they interest you . The price is only going to go up in the future . They are not as plentiful as most other C & R guns and if you don't like it , you will probably be able to get your money out of it later .

The ammo cost is the biggest drawback to the K31 right now but I understand that WOLF is going to market 7.5 Swiss in the next few months .

I have one myself but haven't had the chance to fire it yet . I have
    NEVER heard a bad thing about the K31 .

See if you can haggle the price down a few bucks . It'll make you feel better about the whole thing .

You DO know about the tag under the butt plate , right ?
  5. RDavidP

RDavidP New Member

Yes, I have read to check under the buttplate to see if there is a tag there. I will be going to the gun shop tomorrow and really check out the gun. Quite a few of these guns have the brass colored barrel plug. They have the ammo there for $4 something for 10 rounds. These are the rounds in the white box with German or something writing on them. The boxes look similar to these here http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/7_5swiss.html . Does anyone know about this ammo?
  6. djohns6

djohns6 New Member

That's just about the only ammo that is readily available for that rifle . I have 60 rounds of that same stuff . I just need to get some free time to go
    to the range .