This guy bugs me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ninjatoth, Jan 23, 2010.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

Hi,many of you know of my rants and issues with OCD and getting a CCW.Well,I got advice to join a local forum just for michiganders,and I posted my frustrations with michigan CCW laws-and look at what this guy replied after I said "ocd-you know,the chronic handwashers"--he wrote this:

Don't make light of it.

OCD is not just hand washers, not just people who collect Coca Cola memorabilia, not just people who untuck their bedsheets. OCD is not necessarily innocuous, esp when it is serious enough to be treated. ( Most hand washers do not need to see a psychiatrist).

OCD is an anxiety disorder in which you have obsessions and compulsions. OCD can be the cause or can feed and facilitate violence and destructive behavior unto others.

For example, the muslim terrorists who flew jet airliners into the World Trade Center on 9-11 were OCD, Charlie Manson was OCD, Adolph Hitler was OCD, etc.

OCD is a serious mental illness, and "can be" potentially violent and harmful to others.

Q: Would "I" hand over a loaded gun to a person who has been diagnosed and is now being treated for OCD?

A: NO.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Re: This guy buggs me

ninjatoth

people who make these unfounded statements and do not back them up with reason nor fact do not deserve your concern

while yes it is upsetting to you as hyou suffer this affliction, it is just another form of "keyboard Commandoism" and should not be given creidence, as this just emboldens these kind of neuro misfits ( thier power is in thier own mind and nowhere else)

the anti gunners have similar approaches and will say anything to upset you and in turn make themselves feel better at having no real argument that they can sustain , so they seek to insult those that are differnet, no matter how.

Mate dont worry about the mongrel,

want to piss his off? thank him for his tirade and ask him for proof of what he said so " you may research this wonderful thought he has expressed" when he cannot supply such facts ask him again

keep on asking him until he realises his game is up ( it may take a while as these types are often thick) and goes away in his own fearfull little way as he now realises he cannot substantiate any of it

Hitler was syphalitic not OCD ( yes brain funtion and thought/reason capacity diminished but that NOT OCD)

the terrorists have no historic sign published anywhere i camn find to say they are OCD

nor charles manson and his psych profile have been explored and debated for almost 30 years since its public releace byu the new england medical journal

get this clown to give you facts not his own fiction
    when he cannot you have him on toast and rather face ridicule he'll fade like a old leaf

facts are hated but these types as they destroy thier fantasies

the anti gun mobs are the same , spouting thier BS pseudo claims and get hugely irate when asked to prove them

take this approach or ignore him and thank him for his rant

these two paths cannot be tolerated by such and they'll generally run away and hide or create another user name and attack again behind what they think is anonymity, learn how to fight your enemy, learn his ways and they cannot stand up to you logical and truthfull facts

take care mate

jack
  3. Suwannee Tim

Suwannee Tim New Member

This guy is a BSer. He is one of millions of reasons my travels on the internet forums are very limited. Hitler was not OCD nor was Manson. Take it from me, you cannot win against a liar on the internet. I think you ought to keep the OCD thing more quiet at least with respect to your gun ownership. It could lead to trouble later.
  4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

I just get nagging feelings that make me not want to give up on the CCW thing,but on the other hand I feel so lucky to have what I do.I thought for my entire adult life-up until age 28,that because I went to a psych ward when I was 20(unvoluntarily committed by a doctor-but not a judge)that I somehow could never own a handgun.When I applied to get a permit to purchase one,I was overwhelmed with joy to know I could-and I do not take those rights for granted.I can think of no better day than the days I go get a pistol purchase permit-go to the gunstore and buy a new handgun.It is just a joyful and exiting day.I am not sure what negative effect I will get by expressing my frustration,but maybe just living well and waiting out this Michigan bs law is my best bet,and to apply for a CCW and fight winning one if and when I actually ever have a serious need to carry.My sister has severe OCD,she is 35,but never diagnosed,she has a pistol,and I am trying earnestly to get her to get her CCW.She can legally and I want her to because I can't.Maybe I can say screw you to the state by encouraging someone I know is exactly like me to get a CCW.
  5. johnmpeters

johnmpeters New Member

Man, don't worry about this guy. He's completely lying! He's trying to push your buttons from behind a keyboard :rolleyes: "The muslim terrorists" were OCD... Oh really? All of them? This was the cause of the 911 terror attacks? This guy is completely BSing you. I agree though if he's bothering you that much, ask for him to post references to all his claims, which are lies. He wont be able to ;)
  6. Maximilian II

Maximilian II New Member

Ninja, try a "point of view check."
    These days, for those who grew up watching MTV, any attention span longer than 5 seconds is pretty long. Yes, OCD can be a serious problem according to what the particular issues are.
    The thing is, if the things you pay "too much" attention to are actually things that NEED extra attention, how can someone label them as "unhealthy?"
    I bet Donald Trump is OCD about earning money. What do you think? Nobody questions him on that. I bet he's not alone.
    Just make sure the things you obsess about are positive, just don't worry about it till you see yourself wanting to do things that are damaging. Remember, "OCD" is just another way to say "Driven."
    Use your drive to accomplish things that are good, you'll be well remembered.
  7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

OCD? Is that like eating a whole bag of potato chips?
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Well, at least you're doing a good job at documenting in public forums (including numerous pictures of yourself) that you're not qualified to possess a concealed weapon to the world. That'll help... :confused:
  9. ninjatoth

ninjatoth Former Guest

I am not afraid of a single thing I have said.I am speaking out for a group of discriminated against people that have had their rights STRIPPED away from doing not one thing wrong-but we are judged,tried and convicted by society fo being incapable of possessing a right that we are entitled.I ask,by me having OCD,what law have I broken that I should be afraid of losing my rights?But I have already lost them though I done nothing wrong.How would you like to be treated like a convicted felon though you have done no wrong?Anyone in my shoes would feel the same way-what if you woke up tomorrow and your state just passed a law stripping all diabetics of thier right to carry-and you are diabetic-how would you feel?
  10. 45Auto

45Auto Active Member

This is rather interesting on several levels. It is brave of you to publicly discuss your personal history.

What is the Michigan firearms forum you have been using?

Have you considered using a Michigan attorney to address your issues with Michigan's firearm laws?
  11. cranky cj

cranky cj New Member

So in order to not make some kind of off the cuff comment, I went into some of your previous threads to try and get a little better insight into the history of your problems obtaining a CCW.

I don't know you, you don't know me and I'm truly not trying to be mean. But, a few observations/comments;

In order to obtain a ccw you need to legally satisfy the requirements, so work with your doctors to get the 'mental illness' diagnosis removed or cleared up, if that is even possible.

Obtain the services of an attorney.

Stop the rambling posts and youtube rants that do not serve you well at all. If any government official(s) were to read them, I doubt they would be impressed.

You are in a position where YOU must now prove you are capable of meeting the legal requirements for a permit. Conduct yourself as such, present yourself as such. Another poster on another thread tried to tell you that but I don't think you fully understood what he was trying to say.

I am not agianst you, but I'm not going to sit here and type out a bunch of stuff that only tells you what you want to hear. good luck with your quest to obtain a ccw. I would also add that I agree with 45auto that you are brave to discuss this on a public forum. Again, good luck.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  12. Brad63

Brad63 New Member

Where does this cretin get off?

I have OCD (the handwashey variety) and I'm welcome on any psychiatric ward that needs nursing staff.

Feel free to hand me a loaded gun anytime and before I hand it back I'll probably polish the barrel for you.
  13. rentalguy1

rentalguy1 Former Guest

OCD is a set of non-violent symptoms, attributed to several anxiety disorders. I have it, and I have guns, and I have a carry permit. It could be a problem if it were left unchecked and became a severe case.