This is How It's Done

Discussion in 'The Pump House Saloon' started by steve4102, Jan 10, 2012.

1. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

Judy Wallman, a professional genealogy researcher in southern California , was doing some personal work on her own family tree. She discovered that Senator Harry Reid's great-great uncle, Remus Reid, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. Both Judy and Harry Reid share this common ancestor.

The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows in Montana territory:

On the back of the picture Judy obtained during her research is this inscription: 'Remus Reid, horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889.'

So Judy recently e-mailed Senator Harry Reid for information about their great-great uncle.

Harry Reid:

Believe it or not, Harry Reid's staff sent back the following biographical sketch for her genealogy research:

"Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."

NOW THAT's how it's done, Folks! That's real POLITICAL SPIN !!!
  2. trespoe

trespoe New Member

I need to remember this. One of the people connected to my fathers side of the family was Reuben Burrow. Kinda did the same stuff Jesse James did but Jesse had a better publicist.
  3. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

Pollitical spin? Reids publicist will be dizzy for years.
  4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

First time I read this, it was for Hillary's great-great uncle, but I've seen it a time or three with other leftist politicians' names on it.

Probably belongs better in the Pump House.
  5. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Politicians are pathetic. :dance:
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Where I come from they're called LIARS!
  7. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I agree. And so it goes...