This is too Stupid to be Believed.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 7:28:40 pm)
    This is Too Stupid to be Believed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got a call from the shopping center owner where my new shop is going. One of the other tenants (female, beauty shop owner) apparently once knew somebody who was at a TG&Y Dept Store where some deranged dipstick took some hostages. This had to have been twenty years ago, because its been that long since there's been a TG&Y around here and because at the time, TG&Y sold guns and ammunition. Anyway, the story goes that some guy went into the store with his wife and they got into an argument. He goes to the sporting goods sections and asks the sales clerk about a rifle. While he is handling the rifle, he asks if he can see how the shells go in - so the clerk hands him some ammunition. And one of the people taken hostage was a friend of this beauty shop owner.

So now the beauty shop owner is absolutely terrified that we'll be selling ammunition. She's OK with the guns - but not ammunition. The landlord actually asked me if I absolutely HAD to sell ammunition.....

Man, I'm about ready to just say copulate it. With some notable exceptions, if women didn't have that little thing they sit on they'd have all been killed for bounty long ago.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:02:55 pm)
    Reply Re: This is Too Stupid to be Believed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What a load of crap It would be nice to know if there has ever been any beauty shop killings to throw back at her.

You know what they say. If it has ***s or wheels you will have problems with it.

The bounty thing is pretty funny.

So is the landlord backing off or still being a jerk?
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:21:26 pm)
    Re: This is Too Stupid to be Believed.
    WTF?

Okay, I can see where she might be apprehensive about a gun shop because of having been a hostage. But for crying out loud that was 20 years ago!!!

I mean I've had guns held at my head and I'm not running around screaming - no guns, no guns, no guns!!!

I do feel for you AntiqueDr - this is absolutely ridiculous!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:26:31 pm)
    Tell her you only sell safety ammo....you remember....
    safer buddits. Begining to think you and Mathew are brothers, fer the luck you have. She`s probably worried about her clients.....you no, the ones she screws up and fries their hair and it all falls out....called "When a perm goes bad." heheheh

That thingy???? heheheh
    ain`t goin there......it might offend

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:31:07 pm)
    The landlord wants me in there, she was certainly happy to take my check.

www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:35:41 pm)
    Tell the idjit you will not sell amoo if she will not sell hair care supplies
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 8:42:22 pm)
    Yeah, back when I was in high school I saw one of the auto shop guys light off a bunch of lockers using a Zippo and a can of hair spray. Now I'm scared of tobacconists and hair care products.

In fact, I'm so scared that I cant get out of my house. Agoraphobia rules my very existance. After watching Psycho I cant bear to go near the bathroom.

So here I sit, rocking back forth in my adult diaper, moribund in my own waste, simply waiting to die. What a miserable way to live.

Damn, I'm pissed.

www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/19/02 9:34:50 pm)
    Now wait just a minute, car dealers don`t sell gas...persay.
    She might have a point.

LTS

looking at both sides, equally

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/20/02 11:17:36 am)
    AD, the best thing you might try and do is educate her. One day sooner or later, you will have a confrontation with her. I guarantee you that right now most of her cliental already know about you and your future shop (gossip). Remember that she and her clients are voters and if you win her over, you'll also be winning over her customers.

Talk to her about pepper spray that you carry and even give her some, maybe before long you'll have a few ladies with bad perms buying pepper spray from you. Cause once they are in your shop and meet you, maybe their fear will subside. Heck, they might even feel safer, sorta like living next to an officer.
    Good luck !!!!

Oh yeah, The bounty thing was just too funny!!!!!

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/20/02 5:05:28 pm)
    Logic has Prevailed!!
    After consulting the other tenants of the complex, the landlady has a 5-to-1 vote in FAVOR of the gun shop, with all its evil ammunition. The beauty shop lady was told to get a grip, or go pack sand.

All systems go!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/20/02 6:36:05 pm)
    Re: Logic has Prevailed!!
    Good deal, I'm glad to see things are finally working out for you.

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

jimejones
    (2/21/02 9:50:03 am)
    Reply Re: Logic has Prevailed!!
    It is gratifying to see that you will be located where logic is still practiced. Do any of the other outlets in the mall sell anything REALLY dangerous, such as alcohol or cigarettes? Do any of the others make a business of reducing their clients to the lowest common denominator, as do most beauty shop operators? Beauty shops don't sell beauty: they mere sell change. If a woman comes out of those places looking like she did when she went in, she got nothing except gossip for her money. Therefore, beauty shops alter the victim's crowning glory, usually for the worse. Keep America beautiful. Ban beauty shops! Keep America safe. Carry guns!

needleace
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/22/02 2:27:18 pm)
    Re: Logic has Prevailed!!
    Doc-
    Glad to here the smoke is clearing your way. Seems like
    that anything worth having takes a certain amount of
    bullsh*t you have to wade through. She's probably worried
    about HER customers ability to get a gun, after a bad
    Hair-do. Just step back, take a deep breath and smile
    at the ignorance and stupidity.

-ACE

Rich in Lincoln
    (3/7/02 3:57:18 pm)
    Reply Maybe you’re overlooking an untapped resource!?!
    You could have a display of those EAA polymer pistols in all the colors of the rainbow and advertise designer ladies guns. You could mach their purse, car, eyes or what ever. Cary some of the conceal carry purses…change your name to THE GUN BOTQUE………….NAAAA!!! If I wanted my wife to hang out in my garage, I’d heat it and put Berber carpeting in.
    Keep your head up and good luck!
    -Rich

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/7/02 10:51:42 pm)
    Re: Maybe you’re overlooking an untapped resource!?!
    Now hold on there Rich in Lincoln. I'm a female and for one I'd have to have a designer gun (shudder). Give me a hard hitting rifle and I'm happy.

As for the garage - that belongs to me. Mom has the house and I've got the garage (and all the tools) and the yard. Yippee!!!!!!!

Rich in Lincoln
    (3/12/02 12:34:28 pm)
    Reply Oops, I forgot that women can read!
    Oops!
    I’m sorry for the sexist comment TallTLynn. I just got a rash of s**t from my wife for that post also (man…I got no place to hide and just be a pig!). All kidding aside, I do believe that women are an untapped resource in gun sales! My wife and my sister in law are both hunters and I just gave my wife a custom rifle last night that I built for her (she’s only 4’11”). A lot of people think that the only women that like guns and hunting are okay, brutish, tomboys. That couldn’t be farther from the truth with my wife and her sister! They were both National champions in Synchronize swimming and are quite lady like, until they go into the field were their attitude is “ if their flying their dieing” and wack’em and stack’em”!

Happy hunting!
    -Rich

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/13/02 3:56:04 pm)
    Reply Re: Oops, I forgot that women can read!
    Hang in there Doc.

Rich does that mean I have to take out the wall-to-wall in my garage?

BowiePC
    (3/13/02 8:46:21 pm)
    Reply I likes women just fine...
    ....but everyone knows why they spanks babies in the butt when they're born...to knock the willies off'n the dumb ones :)