This Is What We Get For Defending Our Home

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by hogger129, Jun 8, 2010.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Read this and it really made me think about things...

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/crime_and_courts/article_45ef9ed2-7319-11df-83de-001cc4c03286.html

It sounded to me like this man was defending his home. Somebody came to my house and started yelling anti-Catholic remarks and throwing stones at my house, I would come out with my .45 and tell the person to leave.

I guess in Wisconsin, some drunken bar hopper has the right to throw stones and yell anti-Semitic remarks at people, but law abiding people don't have a right to defend themselves.

If I was there, I'd be standing with the guy with the bow and arrow. Sure I'd think he was dangerous, but he'd be within his rights to be dangerous.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

The rowdy drunks were not in his yard, did not throw rocks through his window (just threatened to), and, like they say about "sticks and stones", names won't hurt you.

When he got a deadly weapon and left his yard and went looking for the loudmouth drunk, he wasn't defending his home. He was attacking. He'll be lucky if he does not get jail time.

If he had just called the law, he'd have been better. If he had waited until the drunk came into his yard and threw a rock through the window, and then shot the drunk, he might have a "self-defense" plea. But what he did was not only illegal, it was stupid.
  3. petesusn

petesusn New Member

"But what he did was not only illegal, it was stupid."

Absolutely Alpo. Plus he moved into the apartment (not his house) knowing that a bar was next door. What did he expect. Quiet non rowdy drunks?
  4. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    I have to agree with the other two, sounds like this guy may have been trying to impress his friends he did not have any real justification for doing what he did.
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Really? Living next to a bar? Gee, that's not ideal for some dude that likes peace and quiet.

I have to add that not knowing which people have guns/weapons in my town when they have no business having guns scares the heck out of me.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  6. wpage

wpage Active Member

Sometimes if you cant beat them join em
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

What Alpo said.

I bought my place off the flight path for SeaTac. Ya think I'm gonna storm the airport because of the noise?

Sounds more like the gene pool needs a tad cleaning.