1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

This may be a dumb question.. lowest possible velocity loads - how to make them?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WHSmithIV, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are. But you will lose them if youre like me. Which is why i keep a few boxes of paraffin handy. Just prime the case and mash the casemouth thru the block. Makes a perfect wadcutter shaped wax bullet.
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

These wax and rubber primer only ideas are exactly what I was looking for. A few rounds or a full cylinder fired with these will provide a good way of examining things like alignment with 'live' fire after having measured everything and allow for a new microscopic check of metal with having some minimal stress on it. All this without using a standard load that could have serious consequences if anything at all was missed in the restoration.

This is the perfect solution for the testing I want to do. Thanks guys who thought of it and posted it back for me. It is this 'final' testing phase I was looking for before using full loads and I probably posed the question wrong to begin with.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Oh i missed that last part. They will not cycle the action of any auto. They are far too low powered. And it is a good idea to enlarge the flash hole a bit to keep the primer from backing out. tho it doesnt hurt anything for it to back out a little.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The wax bullets are also the way to go if you want to practice your fast draw! A mishap won't put you in the hospital, or the grave! They are cheap to make, and fun to shoot, even in the house!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

careful myles. were condoning unsafe habits shooting guns in the house. :rolleyes: