This may be a dumb question.. lowest possible velocity loads - how to make them?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WHSmithIV, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

They are. But you will lose them if youre like me. Which is why i keep a few boxes of paraffin handy. Just prime the case and mash the casemouth thru the block. Makes a perfect wadcutter shaped wax bullet.
  2. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

These wax and rubber primer only ideas are exactly what I was looking for. A few rounds or a full cylinder fired with these will provide a good way of examining things like alignment with 'live' fire after having measured everything and allow for a new microscopic check of metal with having some minimal stress on it. All this without using a standard load that could have serious consequences if anything at all was missed in the restoration.

This is the perfect solution for the testing I want to do. Thanks guys who thought of it and posted it back for me. It is this 'final' testing phase I was looking for before using full loads and I probably posed the question wrong to begin with.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Oh i missed that last part. They will not cycle the action of any auto. They are far too low powered. And it is a good idea to enlarge the flash hole a bit to keep the primer from backing out. tho it doesnt hurt anything for it to back out a little.
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    The wax bullets are also the way to go if you want to practice your fast draw! A mishap won't put you in the hospital, or the grave! They are cheap to make, and fun to shoot, even in the house!
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

careful myles. were condoning unsafe habits shooting guns in the house. :rolleyes: