This now hangs in Atlanta city hall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Mar 11, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

2. 358 winchester

The amount of restrain I had to use to not say what I really wanted to say is larger than the universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I have seen this picture but it did not register to me what it was, WOW I shouldve payed more attention.
  4. 358 winchester

5. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Liberalism is a hate-filled and violent religion.
  6. 38 special

38 special New Member

Nothing new and there will be lots more of the same
  7. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I dont know what I missed. I went to the link and the artist claimed his work to lean towards conservatism. He went on to state had his work been more to the left it would have garnered more attention. What am I missing here?
  8. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Tap the breaks a little 358! This does not sound like a liberal to me. He sounds like he wanted the media to PROVE that it is okay to hate the white man, which apparently they did. :D

He's on our side boys! :eek: :D

The fact is I intended it to be what it is — a statement of fact. Ironically, while I was painting the piece, the Duke Lacrosse case was coming to an end after making headlines for a year and proved my work’s point when prosecutor Mike Nifong was reelected after promising to prosecute those “privileged” young white boys for a crime, it turns out, they did not commit.

The press my work received proved “POLITICALLY ITS OK TO HATE THE WHITE MAN” true. Through the use of the hatred and victimization that is still alive in this country, politicians and race baiting profiteers in the media constantly manipulate the system and the people through fear and intimidation for their own gain.

Because I had asked permission to read a statement before the forum officially began, she then asked me to read it. Here’s the opening paragraph:

I love my country! The United States of America, in my opinion, is the greatest country on earth. It is the most diverse place in the world and open to anyone willing to obey its laws. It is the most generous. When there is need anywhere in the world, the citizens of this country personally reach deep into their own pockets, and more, to provide anything that is asked of them. No questions asked and nothing expected in return. It is a place of limitless opportunities. It is still the place where you can reach for the stars. Within reason, anything is possible. It is a place where you’re given a second chance, again and again. If you’ve fallen, and you’re willing to look deep inside and make the necessary changes, this is the place where a second chance is only the beginning of the gifts offered you. I could go on and on about our qualities, but there is not enough time here for that now….

I then spoke a little about personal responsibility and how we must all learn to live together.
  9. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

He just proved what we've been saying all along. And baited the libs into putting it up.
  10. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

thanks 45Nut and GMFWoodchuck!! I had interpreted that this artist was not slamming conservatives. But from the prior postings I thought that perhaps there was more there than meets the eye.
  11. islenos

islenos New Member

My forefather fought in the Army of the Tennessee, trying to save Atlanta from the Yankees. They might as well just walked away for all the good it did.