This reminded me of Marlin's post about terrorist attacking our shools

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoser1, Mar 23, 2007.

1. hoser1

hoser1 New Member

The Dallas Morning News
    Saturday, March 17, 2007

FBI plays down bus driver alert

Washington. - Suspected members of extremist groups have signed up as school bus drivers in the U.S., counterterror officials said Friday in a cautionary bulletin to police. However, A FBI spokesman said, "Parents and children have nothing to fear."
    Asked about the alert notice, the FBI's Rich Kolko said, "There are no threats, no plots and no history leading us to believe there is any reason for concern." Although law enforcement agencies around the country were asked to watch out for kid's safety.
    The Dallas FBI office also played down the threat level.
    "It has not come to my attention that it is a concern locally in the motroplex or North Texas" said supervisory Special Agent Lori bailey.
    One counterterrorism official who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the government felt it was likely that the foreigners investigated were merely employed aws bus drivers and did not intend to use them as part of any terrorism plot.
    Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said the government has no credible information to suggest terrorist are "involved in buying school busses or seeking licenses to drive them."

The Associated Press and staff writer Michael Grabell contributed to this report.
  2. Lead Lobber

Lead Lobber Former Guest

I am amazed that so many can declare this is no problem while their heads are buried in sand. Must have taken public speaking lessons with pebbles in their mouths into a roaring surf to speak so eloquently. When terrorists kill another bunch of us (or our pets?), perhaps they'll wake up again, like after 9/11.

LL
  3. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

Lets hope and pray that your wrong Lead. It would be nice to see the USA wake up before another 9/11, but the clock is ticking. tick tock
  4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

If a terriost gets/kills a bus load of kids then someones head will be removed in the law enforcement coommunity for not forseeing this and doing something before hand.
  5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

they seem to always do something after the fact
  6. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Nighthawk, I have previously stated that the "Police are a reactionary force",not a proactive force. I personally feel that just as in the late 60s early 70s we (the people) get told what the government wants us to hear,not what is actually going on. Just my two cents. catfish