This would def. freak me out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geezler, Jan 11, 2005.

1. geezler

geezler New Member

Florida Preacher Dies During Sermon

OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) - A Presbyterian minister collapsed and died at the pulpit after saying ``And when I go to heaven...,'' his colleague said.

The Rev. Jack Arnold, 69, was nearing the end of his sermon Sunday at Covenant Presbyterian Church when he grabbed the podium before falling to the floor, said the Rev. Michael S. Beats, the church's associate pastor.

Before collapsing, Arnold quoted the 18th-century Bible scholar John Wesley who said, ``Until my work on this earth is done, I am immortal. But when my work for Christ is done ... I go to be with Jesus,'' Beats said in a telephone interview.

Several parishioners with medical backgrounds tried to revive Arnold and paramedics were called, but he appeared to die instantly, Beats said.

Arnold had been the senior minister at the church in this Orlando suburb until the late 1990s when he began traveling to Africa and the Middle East to teach pastors.

The cause of death was believed to be cardiac arrest. He had bypass surgery five years earlier.
  2. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

Yeah, that would be a little freaky. :eek:

We had a guy fall out in church once and we couldn't revive him. Turns out he had gone into a diabetic coma. Kinda changes the direction of the service when you have paramedics wheeling a gurney up the aisle.
  3. sheepdip

sheepdip New Member

Hope his last words weren't " SHOW ME A SIGN "
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

On the bright side, at least it wasn't lightning that killed him.
  5. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I guess "his" work was done.
  6. ECC

ECC New Member

When I lived down south, we had an elderly member of the church die during service. What better way to enter His gates than while praising Him. I kinda hope Christ returns before I croak...that way I can skip the whole dying thing :D
  7. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

My Wife has been known to pray "Lord you know my future, if you see that I will someday be led astray and out of your will, please take me before I do".

Kind of a sombering thought, but I agree, dieing while praiseing the Lord would have to be the best way to go.

Crpdeth
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  8. Bigtire

Bigtire New Member

Did he clutch at his chest and yell, "I'm coming, Elizabeth?" :D