This years Hunt

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

Pat
    (3/14/02 11:49:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All This years Hunt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I shot a 150lb 4 pointer the second day of our season here in Michigan. I thought that was pretty cool. It was about a 35yd shot. I hit him right behind the shoulder blade, he droped instantly. I shot him with my 30-30 Marlin, useing 150 grain silver tips.
    My brother was about 200 yards from me. I heard a shot very close. I knew it was him. Five minutes later a buck come walking down the runway. It was my brother that shot. He told me he forgot to take his safty off on his model 94 so on his first shot all that happened was a big click. He took a second shot while the buck was runing away.
    I went out the third day with my cousin and my brother. I was sitting in the middle, with each of them 200 yds away. We cant see each other because it is heavily wooded. We had decided to come in around 5:30. At 5:15 I saw hunters orange in my brothers direction and then it was gone. So I just waited. About 10 minutes passed, then a doe came flying by. She was being chased by a buck. He must have sensed something wrong and hit the brakes. I was sitting against a really thick pine. I had only cleared the braches in front of me and when the buck stopped he was directly behind me. I swung my 30-30 back the butt going away from me and eased it into the braches all the while rotating my body as quitly as possible. I was in position bringing the rifle to bare but it was pushing the braches upward. The buck heard me but still was unsure of me, he turned right at me nose first. I put the crosshairs just a little to the left and below his nose. I touched the trigger. He droped right in the scope.
    A nine pointer. Weighed 211lbs. 8 inch brow tines really nice mass. I am going to have a mount done. It is the biggest I have ever got.
    Fate had smiled on me again. It was my brother I had saw. He had seen the doe so he backed off. The buck probably stoped because he had heard my cousin getting out of his stand as gracefull as he is.
    I was so excited walking out to get my dads truck I tripped and fell right on my face. And when I got back with the truck I jumped out and forgot to Put it in gear and it almost rolled into the ditch.

Pat

Edited by: Pat at: 3/15/02 7:34:34 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/15/02 2:19:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: This years Hunt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright Pat Dang nice buck.
    I love it when everything works out and a nice one drops in the crosshairs.

Welcome to TFF and I hope you stick around and enjoy guns and hunting in some of the others forums we have as well

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 7:53:38 am)
    NICE... V E R Y N I C E!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 7:59:08 am)
    Hiya' Pat and welcome the the Firearms Forum. If that's you in that picture, you strongly resemble a fellow that once lived in South Bend Indiana.

Congratulations on your hunt!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 9:16:13 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: This years Hunt
    How d'ya glue them horns on that rabbit?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Kimber and Wilson Combat Master Dealer

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 9:21:54 am)
    Man!, that is one healthy looking deer. Congrats and WELCOME!!! LTS
    T.F.F.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/15/02 9:32:59 am)
    Very nice buck! Good job in describing the hunt; always nice to read about some of the details like that. Thanks fer posting it.

Mosey around a bit and check out the rest of the forums here - lots of information and fun to be found here at TFF. Jump in and post anywhere that yer of a mind to. Glad to have ya with us!

Pat
    (3/15/02 7:57:17 pm)
    Thanks for the complements, and the warm welcome. I like your forum, what I've seen of it so far and will have to check out the rest.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/15/02 11:23:30 pm)
    Howdy Do, Patrick -

You're as welcome as the rain to TFF. Enjoyed your hunting yarn - hope you have many more to come. You'll like it here on the forum - just don't try to read anything in between the lines. Everyone here usually has a little fun with the postings - all in innocent fun. Sit back, relax and join in!!!

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (3/20/02 9:01:21 am)
    Nice buck Pat! Welcome to TFF!
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)