Thompson Center Encore

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by lonewolf204, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

Are there any encore shooters on here? If so tell us what caliber you like and why you shoot an encore. Maybe a range report.
  2. retired grunt

retired grunt New Member

I have a T/C encore pro hunter stainless pistol in 25-06. I am really pleased with it and it shoots extremely well ( I would need the likes of a ransom rest to truly test it's accuracy) the recoil is very manageable for me. I chose 25-06 because in my mind it works well for deer and varmints. The stainless for durability. The Pro Hunter because it has a fluted barrel that just looks cool. I mounted a burris 2-7 stainless scope on it.
  3. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

Mine are all contenders with a few different barrels. I used to shoot silhouette and they were perfect for that. My favorite is still the .44 mag although I like the .223 quite well also.
  4. lonewolf204

lonewolf204 Active Member

After doing a trigger job on mine I really enjoy shootin them! I shoot a 270 most of the time, But I have several other barrels/ calibers to choose from.