Thompson Scout handgun

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by JWWEBB, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JWWEBB

JWWEBB New Member

I am looking for a complete Scout handgun....preferably with a bad barrel. I have a good 54 cal barrel and need the handgrip and rest to make it complets. Any one out there who can help?

Appreciate it.
    Jim
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    ive been looking for the same thing for years,lots of luck old semperfi
  3. Killcreek

Killcreek New Member

I just found a .54 Scout rifle that refused to fire. After disassembling the breechplug~I found it to be plugged so bad I had to drill out whatever was in it. What a nightmare contraption that breeching system is. I actually used an oxyacetylene tip drill to get the gunk out of it. Even tho it is an inline, the fire path has to be ??2 inches long?? It is no wonder that they did not last long, even tho they are kinda neat. I also have been looking for a pistol to go with this rifle to make a set. They are few and far inbetween. The rifle is short and light, and with hunting loads of 2 pyro pellets or normal BP loads, it kicks like a bay mule. If you can take the recoil, it is extremely accurate though. The pistol would be fun, but I suspect it would kick just like the rifle, as the potential to over load it is there.