Thompson Scout

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by hdsport, Apr 9, 2005.

1. hdsport

hdsport New Member

I friend gave me his Thompson Scout, but he did not have a manual
    with it. I know that I can go to the Thompson web site and they
    will send me a new one. But does anyone know of a place online
    that has downloadable copies?

What I am looking for is how to change the nipple????

Thanks
  2. Howard Parker

Howard Parker New Member

I have a T/c scout 50 cal rifle & a t/c scout 50 pistol as well. They are a great shooting muzzleloader but for cleaning & to change the nipple, they have to be dis-assembled. It is not hard to do but being sure the gun is unloaded & un capped (no primer) take the ram rod out . Take the screw out of the forearm/barrelband and slide it forward. Slide off the forearm pulling the front end out away alittle & forward. Now you will see a allen head bolt which holds everything togeather. Remove the bolt ( do this with gun laying down because now the barrel will pull out with the nipple attached. the reciever will also slide off. Under the reciever is a flat metal device that slides into a small groove by the trigger.This is to stop the debris after firing from going into your trigger parts. Anyway you can use a wrench to remove the nipple.They use to have a black casted wrench ( two sided) that had a screwdriver and wrench for the barrel band screw & nipple, and the other end has the hex for barrel removal bolt. Also the barrel band will only slide off the nipple side of the barrel , not the front sight side. I would suggest you get a set of torch tip cleaners for cleaning out the nipple & smal hole in barrel . When you clean your barrel use a used 22cal brush to clean the fire port in the barrel bottomwhere your standard bore brush wont reach. Hope this helps. ?
  3. spud

spud New Member

Take some advice if you ever see any replacement nipple/breachplugs(they are one piece) Buy them none have been made for years!!!:(
  4. ceader savage

ceader savage New Member

thats right i have one in shoot it its a well put togather gun accrate to 125 yards with 100 gr 3ffg or ponnier powder the nipple and breach are one peice thompson sells these 20.00 bucks ceader savage