1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Those seeking others

Discussion in 'VMBB Find Your Nam Friends' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/31/01 3:50:23 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Those seeking others
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JD,,if this is inappropriate, please delete,,,

I know of another site for searching for old military friends. It is pretty large and has a lot of names. they are broke down by service/duty station, listed by dates of assignment. not hard to get around.
    as far as I know, this is strictly a location service,,free,,

the url is www.gisearch.com

most of you probably know about this anyway, but there it is, for what it is worth,,,

Stan H ,, nighthawk

Edited by: Indybear57 at: 9/1/01 12:06:28 am

Misterstan
    (9/1/01 1:07:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Those seeking others
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nighthawk,

I've been on that list for about a year.

I can be found under Navy, Auxiliary Supply Ships, USS MARK (AKL-12).

Maybe we should move this to FIND YOUR BUDDIES.

Misterstan

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/1/01 8:33:30 pm)
    think you are right, Mr. Stan,,,my brain was not totaly in gear,, maybe JD or one of ya'll tech-no-crats will do that,

Stan H ,, nighthawk

Misterstan
    (9/2/01 11:00:31 am)
    Nighthawk,

I used the powers vested in me as a Moderator and moved us to this area.

Now you have to tell me how to find you on www.gisearch.com.

Misterstan

oneknight
    (9/2/01 11:22:57 am)
    Mitherstan,

I don't get it.....why are you looking for Nighthawk?

He's right here!!!!

LOL!

Donna

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/3/01 6:38:40 pm)
    well, Donna,,maybe I am,,and maybe I ain't,,,,lol

Misterstan; I found you on that site,,did you know the other guy listed there? I would assume so,,maybe you mentioned it and I missed it,,

I am listed under Army (of course), and at duty stations; Macv-Vietnam,,Heildeberg-Germany, Ent AFB-Colo, Ft Carson-Colo, Ft Richardson-AK, and 199th PSC, Korea,,,all over the place,,, I moved around a lot,,but that is what I do,,,lol

or I think you can just search by name,,,
    Stanley E Hutchison

Stan H ,, nighthawk

btw, Stan,,thanks for getting this to the right place,, I am known for always being in the wrong place at the wrong time,,,,anyway, I hope this helps some folks,,

Edited by: nighthawk at: 9/3/01 7:49:28 pm

Misterstan
    (9/3/01 9:30:08 pm)
    Nighthawk,

You're right! It is easier to find you by name. I just have to pay attention and spell it correctly... Added an extra "n" as in "Hutchinson" and couldn't find you at first.

With this method, it is easier to find someone's complete list of duty stations.

One thing to note, however, is that the database doesn't change one's age automatically. You have to go in and update your profile after each birthday. Maybe we should ask them about this?

Thanks,

Misterstan