Thoughts and Opinions on the Taurus 991

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by TedP10, Nov 16, 2009.

1. TedP10

TedP10 New Member

I'm considering buying the Taurus 991 6.5" bbl 22 WMR.stainless
    Has anyone fired it or have any opinions? Please let me know.
    Ted
  2. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

Ted;
    I just got to shoot one of my members 991s this weekend and it is as good as they get.
    Excellent trigger right out of the box and extremely accurate and well balanced.

For what its worth, everything that I own and have shot that is made by taurus has been excellent in every respect.
    Read that, I have never once had a problem with a /taurus going all the way back to their original PT92 Beretta look alike after they first bought the Beretta factory in Brazil.
    I also still have one of their 5 shot revolvers made in 89 or 90 and it has over 500 rounds through it without a burp.
    It has become my knock around, go quickly to the store, stick it in my pocket gun and it never fails.

It is hard for me to imagine anyone having problems with one of their firearms but if it did happen, they also have the warranty program second to none in the entire industry.

I do not work for them nor am I a shill, I just have never had or even heard of anyone having a problem with a Taurus.

Enjoy.

UF
  3. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

One last thing in passing is the noise of that sucker.
    It reminded me of shooting a 357. It is loud to say the least.
    It turned heads every time it went off.

UF
  4. TedP10

TedP10 New Member

Uncle Fudd
    Thanks for the feed back.. Looks like I will have another gun to my collection today. let you know how it goes
    Ted
  5. TedP10

TedP10 New Member

Went to the gun store today to buy that 991. Well, I was too late. Gone. I made the mistake of not putting anything down on it. So what was the alternative. How about a Taurus 941 8 shot 22 mag. 5 in bbl. Well, now it's mine. Let you all know how it shoots.
    Ted
  6. Hankster

Hankster New Member

Well??? How did the 941 work out??? Been thinking about one for myself, and the 5 incher maximizes the "magnums" power from a handgun (over a 2 or 4 inch). Fill us in!!
  7. Steven Shock

Steven Shock New Member

I have a question since we are on the subject of taurus I have a model 627/tracker .357 and and i have just seen a crack in the frame behind the trigger housing has anyone seen or heard of this before the gun was never droped or abused
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Steven,

Welcome to TFF!

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll get any responses to your question here. This thread is in a forum dedicated to rimfire guns, and your Model 627 is a centerfire handgun.

I think you should try asking your question again in a new thread in this part of the forums. Doing that, you will likely get a good number of responses in less than a day.

Again, welcome aboard!