thoughts and prayers needed

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Big Chevy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Great news Chevy! Since he probably won't be back on the bike soon, get him out to the range when he's feeling up to it and spend some time with him. I had a good friend ( also named Dave ) get in a nasty bike accident the day before Thanksgiving of '10. He spend 3 weeks in hospital and is still feeling the effects to this day. Every time we go fishing, I count my blessing that my friend is still here to bust my chops.
  2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member

Hope his recovery is complete and quick..................
  3. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

I too just saw this and send a heartfull of prayers to dave and threw afew in for you too, A good friend is hard to come by and you are one of those brother.keep us posted.
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Thank you for the update, BigChevy.

I will continue to pray for a complete and total recovery, with no complications from this in the future.

I am curious, though, about whether or not he plans to keep riding -
    When I had my wreck a few years ago, it was due to my inability (due to advancing age) to kick that big hog back up again when it started to go down. At that point, I decided it was time to move to 4 wheels.

But I do miss it so - -

Except when it is raining, hailing, sleeting, snowing, or the road ahead is covered with smashed watermellons. And yeah, that happened in Florida a few years ago.
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good news. Thanks for the update.
  6. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    First I'm happy for the good news about Dave! God does heal!

Terry, though I don't ride anymore either, it's for a different reason. I would go for a ride right now even if it was raining, cold, hailing, sleeting, snowing, or if the road was covered in smashed watermellons!
  7. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Let me have his full name and I will submit it to a Mormon temple where they will include him in a Temple prayer circle for two weeks. Temples are powerful places for the holy spirit IMO
  8. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

GREAT NEWS
  9. Big Chevy

Big Chevy Member

Oh yeah when he feels up to it we will be spending a lot of time at the range, he has never said no to going shooting.

Ampaterry - he will not be getting another motorcycle, he is going back to 4 wheels. myself on the other hand I have had 2 motorcycle accidents, 1 just a broken ankle, the other one was pretty bad I ended up needing shoulder surgery, along with other problems. but nothing is going to keep me off of a motorcycle, as soon as I can afford another one I will. The need to ride is in my blood!!

Dad2thebone - you're right it is very hard to find good friends these days. I went to the hospital everyday to make sure he was doing okay and to see if he needed anything, but most of all so he knew he had my support. I know he would do the same for me.