Thoughts on a .40 cal

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Insulation Tim, Jun 20, 2012.

1. oldfartrr

oldfartrr Member

love my 40's ,, started shooting handguns with 38 & 357,,, loved them and still do, prefer not having to chase the brass,,, but love the hit of the 40 with out the recoil of the 357,
    my baretta 96 beats the recoil the best but have several of the star-firestar's in 40 my fav for carry,, a bit more recoil but very controlable,, as these little guns are all steel at 32oz, have fired the new S&W sheild a nice gun but to light , lose a bit of control,,, at least for me
    as for the 9mm in my book just throw rocks
  2. CJ_56

CJ_56 New Member

My Taurus PT-145 has about 5000 rounds through it and it's never had the first problem of any kind yet. I did have one round that needed a second strike to fire but that's easy enough with the Mil. Pro pistols. You just pull the trigger again (this time in DA mode) and you get your second strike. But I'm sure that was an ammo issue and not a problem with the pistol because it's never happened again. I love that pistol and it was a very reasonable purchase too. I paid $320 and got an extra mag. 10 + 1 rounds of .45 in a pistol you can hide in your hand is nothing to sneeze at either. I still carry that pistol for CCW pretty often. I have switched to my XDm .40 because of capacity but 11 rounds of .45 is plenty especially when you carry a few extra mags. Mainly I just like buying new guns and I'm using the .40 right now. I'll be holding onto both for quite a while.