1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Thoughts on a Remington 788 in .222

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by a/c guy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Ledslnger

Ledslnger New Member

My dad has one in 22-250 and it rocks. Would love to get a .222 for that price. I would jump on it. :)
  2. hardluk1

hardluk1 Member

That is a more than fair price for even a real beater of a 788 rem. I bought mine in 1976 and has allways been one of the most accurate rifle I have shot. Triggers are not as bad a some say and way better than many today. Use a little grease on the recoil lugs and you will not hurt anything if you don't bang on the bolt let a idiot or load maxed loads with larger cartidges, besides it fixable. Doubtfull today if a rifle at 3 time what you will pay wil shot any better. Even the old birch stock refinish well.
  3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

I have a rem700 in .222 and while I would not take deer with it..( it certaintly would ).. lotsa people take deer with .223 here in florida. mini 14's are a prime deer gun.... mind you.. our deer are like tall dogs.. ;)