Thoughts on Immigration

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Bruce FLinch, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

Try this experiment:

Put a bird feeder in your yard and fill it with bird seed. It doesn't take long before the birds learn that a free meal is in the offing. They come by the hundreds. Now, empty the feeder. What happens? No more birds.

Take away the free medical care.
    Take away the free schooling.
    Take away the free welfare.
    Take away the jobs.

What happens? No more illegals.

WOW!! What a simple solution! No need for a border fence at the cost of hundreds of millions of tax dollars. Do you think this could work?
  2. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

sounds like a plan to me, although it will never happen, sadly...a law needs to be passed fining companies that hire illegals, and illegals need to be deported once found, and the national guard on the borders
  3. obxned

obxned New Member

Or get some cats.
  4. williamd

williamd New Member

We ONLY need to enforce the laws we have! But, we play political and cheap labor games.

Irony ... a great country founded and built by immigrants is going down due to [illegal] immigrants!
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. board917

board917 New Member

Sadly...it really is that simple, America is becoming to passive and too merciful with regard to enforcing immigration laws.
  6. RahiemPT100

RahiemPT100 New Member

Bruce,

I generally agree. I have mixed thoughts on the best way to "ween" those feeding off of america's "teet" but from personal observations of even the honest legal permanent residents, most take advantage of our system. I have an employee of mine who has 5 kids, his wife doesn't work, and they are being supported in some sort of fashion (health care I believe).

Welfare simply doesn't work. In fact I believe it encourages people to have more kids (more money available) and it perpetuates the cycle (single parent households).

I also have seen my property value plummet $7100 in the last year in just "assest" value, and true market value is closer to $8500. Colorado leads the nation in foreclosures, and my bet is that many of these (at least from observations in my neighborhood) are probably from people who were way over extended. Many are first time buyers, and some have even been non US residents!

A perfect example;
    • My neighbor moved in 2 years ago with his wife and 4 kids
    • Lived in the house with 2 other families (supposed to be a single family development but the other 2 families didn't move in until the 3rd or 4th month after the home was closed on)
    • Lived in the house for 9 months, and then the 2 families moved out
    • 2 Months later the house was in fore-closure and the house has been vacant ever since.
    Now we have 6 homes that have gone through fore-closure in the neighborhood, one that just went to auction and wouldn't even sell at the minimum bid of $50,000 (thats approx. $125,000 below market value). Every home in the neighborhood has depreciated in value on average of $7000.00.

I believe that America is the Land of The Free, Home of the Brave, and the Land of Opportunity, but is becoming the Land of Hand-Outs! Enough is Enough. If you want to migrate here and work, fine I am cool with that, but you must pay your taxes, must live by the law, and must learn the culture and the language of your "host" country. If you have been here for more than 10 years I feel that you must apply for citizenship, or you must get ready to move back home (make a decision as to what "side of your bread your butter is on").

If your documentation is less than legal, I am all for amnesty as long as the following don't apply;
    • No criminal record in your home country that would constitute a fellony had you been charged here
    • You didn't commit a fellony to get here
    • You haven't commited any misdemenors or fellonies here
    • You have a job and can continue to support your self and contribute to your community (ie learn the language/culture)
    JUST ONE MANS OPINION
  7. board917

board917 New Member

America is the land of opportunity... not equal opportunity as i hear alot. Pedro shouldn't get the same opportunities as the good ole' boy thats work his whole life fulfilling the American dream. He needs to earn them and earn them within the boundaries of our laws and without handouts. I figure if they need so many handouts in order to live here then they don't deserve to be here... go learn English and come back when u can contribute to society rather than cripple it.
    I have immigrant neighbors... they live in a 3 bedroom house there is 3 women, 4 men and 3 children living there. The oldest child is about 5 and never has he been to school and never have i heard a bit of English come from any of their mouths. They rent the house and i am sure some of them are living there illegally.
  8. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

Great post! Loved it Bruce!!!!!
  9. NRA-Life-Member

NRA-Life-Member New Member

Immigration is Great! Illegal Immigration is a real problem and needs to be corrected and the LAW enforced. Maybe more Immigration LAWS will help solve the problem.. After all we hear that about something else - don't we?:rolleyes:
  10. TreeRatKiller

TreeRatKiller New Member

Our country will go down first,here in the uk it is saturated with illegals,as you may or may not know all our medical care is free,you pay a contribution on your income tax-that is if you work.If you dont speak English no problem we have special classes at school for foreign kids,we also have free housing,and travel cards and will in some cases provide a free car to a family.O'h I nearly forgot we also give a free weekly pay check!
    At the school I went to 25 years ago English is now the second language,some form of Arabic is the first.Take notice or this will happen to you in time and you could be paying $8.oo a gallon for gas like us.
    They say its all to do with human rights.