Thoughts on the Beretta Px4?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by willywonka, Jan 27, 2010.

1. willywonka

willywonka New Member

Thinking of buying a full size Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm (type F) for home defense. Complete firearm newb. Any thoughts?
  2. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Can't help you on this one. I've kinda wanted a PX4 in 45 acp. I really like the looks of them nut I don't know of anyone that has one. I hope you find the info you are wanting. It will be of benefit to me also.

Welcome to the Forum!
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

I have one in .40 cal. The pistol itself is very nice. In the beginning, I had some accuracy problems that turned out to be me and not the firearm. It's a little bit bulkier than an XD. I do like the interchangeable backstraps and the ambidexterous safety as I am a southpaw. I chose the smallest grip even though I have a medium sized hand. It will seem fairly top heavy until it is loaded. Then, it's pretty well balanced. I have never had any range complications and it eats everything I've fed it. The takedown is ridiculously easy.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  4. willywonka

willywonka New Member

anyone else?
  5. tim.sr

tim.sr New Member

the one I have is the PX4 Storm Sub-Compact I love it its in 9mm 13 in the mag 1 in the tube it will shoot all my reloads and looks for more if you see me it is with me at all times. I have a kid at work that just got the one you are looking at for his 1st gun he loves it now we are getting him in to reloading. but for you go look at the sub-compact the striping down is fast for cleaning. nice ccw gun.
  6. Treycas

Treycas New Member

I've fired on and was impressed! I have a thing for Beretta's, so I'm biased!!
  7. rocklinskier

rocklinskier New Member

My daughter bought one (9mm) about 6 months ago. She really likes it. I've shot it. Seems to be fine. Light and comfortable. We have a little accuracy issue with it, but I think it's a matter of the sights being slightly off. Groups nice, shoots nice. She has put about 500 -700 rounds thru it with zero issues. I can't say there is any reason not to own one.
  8. Taurus_9mm

Taurus_9mm New Member

A PX4 in .40 S&W will be my next pistol. I haven't had the opportunity to fire one yet but did get to thoroughly look one over at my closet gun shop a couple of weeks ago. It had a very good fit and finish, the ergos were ideal and it balanced well in my hand. If it shoots as good as it felt I'll be a very satisfied customer.
  9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The PX4 was the first polymer frame pistol I ever bought. I was very happy with it in .40. I loaded down some 165 grain bullets and it was a very smooth little shooter. I loaded them just low enough that they'd cycle the slide and it was the most fun I've ever had with a .40. I just think the .40 is too snappy for me. I ended up selling the PX4 so I could buy another 1911. For a polymer frame pistol, you could do a lot worse than the PX4. It's a solid little gun.