1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

thumb safety

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by Kardar2, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Kardar2

Kardar2 Guest

I have a plain jane Springfield 1911 a1. I bought it about 4 years ago. I am a lefty and wanting to put on a Ambidextrous thumb safety. I looked at a bunch of thumb safeties on the Midwayusa website and there is a bunch to chose from and a big difference in price to. Is there one better than the other? I am going to be getting into competition ( IPSC) shooting. Would it be easy to change it out my self or should I take it to a gunsmith? thanks
    Karl K. Atkins
    Anderson, CA.
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    Most require some amount of fitting to the particular gun. There are some "pre-fit" ambi safeties out there that are supposed to be nearly 'drop in' installation.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Since you have never fitted a thumb safety and you want to shoot competition, take your 1911 to a GOOD pistolsmith.