Thumbhole Stock AK's

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 3, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

RugerNiner
    (1/21/03 6:21:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All "Assault Weapon" Evils?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I put a Thumbhole Stock on my AK-47 does that eliminate one of the three evils (Pistol Grip) and allow me to add another evil in it's place (Flash Suppressor or Brake)?

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/21/03 7:08:05 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: "Assault Weapon" Evils?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assault weapon Elvis...

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*
    Progenitor of the Boomatic Plague

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/21/03 7:16:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: "Assault Weapon" Evils?
    No sir it does not.

ATF has ruled that a thumbhole stock is a version of a seperate pistol grip, and so treats those stocks the same as the pistol grips. That's why you dont see those anymore on new guns.
  2. have2rotties

have2rotties New Member

If the ATF treats a thumbhole stock and a pistol grip stock the same, then why all the worring about converting over to us made parts to install a pistol grip? I guess I missed something. Why can't they just say what the law is. Black and white instead of all the "vauge and open to intepertation" crap?

Thanks,