Thumpergj

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Thumpergj, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Thumpergj

Thumpergj New Member

I have two pistols given to me by my great uncle. He was in WWII and the pistols are in a box with Walther PPK mit Signalstift inscribed on it. Neither pistol is marked with the Walther banner logo. The .32 has a S/N of 2622 on the frame and on the underside of the barrel. Inside the magazine housing at the top is the number 4953 and at the bottom of the housing are the letters O.W. The grips are plastic and unremarkable except for the letter O at the top of each grip.

The other is marked with CAL .635 at the top of each grip with what appears to be an engraving of some sort of jungle-dwelling native type. On the slide are the words AUTOMATIC PISTOL FAVORIT and the S/N is 39065. On the frame are the encircled letters P and X with letter C in between them. The encircled P is also found on the barrel. Once again, neither pistol is labeled as to the maker.
    I have dismantled and re-assembled both and found no other markings, and the .32 has been used at my local range. I don't know if these were acquired from a member of the German military but it seems as if the original pistols in the box were replaced with the current ones. Any thoughts on the possible manufacturer and date would be appreciated.
  2. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!

Pictures are going to be pretty much of a must on these.:)
  3. RJay

RJay Active Member

Pictures are needed, I don't think either one are Walthers nor military. The Automatic Pistol Favorit is a name used on Spanish 6.35 Eibar pistols, maker unknown. No military connection. Pictures would confirm this. If there are no other markings on the other pistol then it too may be a Eibar.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  4. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

# 2 is a 25 acp 6.35mm

Pics needed
  5. Jim K

Jim K New Member

"Signalstift" simply means "signal pin", the German term for the loaded chamber indicator.

Some late guns did not have the normal markings, and the "Signalstift" was dropped. We await pictures.

Jim
  6. Thumpergj

Thumpergj New Member

Thanks guys. Jim, your comment on the Signalstift confirms that the .32 probably is not a Walther since it does not have a loaded chamber indicator. My thought is that somewhere along the line someone replaced the Walthers that were in the box with the current pistols. Pictures to follow.
  7. Thumpergj

Thumpergj New Member

Thanks for the info. I am attaching pictures and apologize for the quality. Had to use my Blackberry instead of a digital camera. On closer inspection of the .32 with a jeweler's loop I noted a capital N with a crown above it on the slide and the frame and what appears to be a number 1 with a crown above it on the barrel.

Attached Files:

8. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The .32 is a Beholla pistol, named for the makers Becker and Hollander. Google "Beholla pistol" for more information than I can include here. Value in good shape and functional is around $250-300.

The .25 caliber is, as noted, a Spanish pistol of unknown origin, one of many thousands of inexpensive and generally poor quality pistols made in that country between roughly 1910 and the end of the Spanish Civil War. Value, if in good condition and fully functional, is around $100 or less.

Jim
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  9. Thumpergj

Thumpergj New Member

Jim,

Thanks for the reply. The .25 cal was, as you said, of very poor quality. I could see that immediately when I disassembled it for a thorough cleaning. I will google the other one and hopefully find more details. Thank you, again, for your help.