Tim Tebow - Love Him or Hate Him

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Caneman, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

Teebow is emerging as THE story in the NFL this year... whatever he does/is it seems to polarize reactions, it's either love him or hate him... and IMO, of course, it is due to his outward devotion to his God, Jesus Christ... here is what his head coach said of Teebow, Coach John Fox of the Denver Broncos:

"He's real. He walks the walk," Fox told The Associated Press this week. "A guy like that in today's society, in my mind, ought to be celebrated, not scrutinized to the level that he is."

here are some reader comments from this article:

Just a sampling of the mad reaction:

» Everyone who hates tebow your all jealous ... he'll keep getting better and better.
    » Tebow is a joke are you people serious LOL.
    » Had to laugh as Tebow ran over, through and around the Jets defenders who said they were coming for him.
    » Criticizing someone for praying is just stupid.
    » The guy is really annoying. I hope he goes away soon.
    » On his birthday, Tim Tebow randomly selects one lucky child to be thrown into the sun.

so what say you, love Tim Tebow or hate him?

personally, i think he is a beacon of virtue in a dark world... i have all the respect in the world for him and cheer every play he makes...

Broncos coach Fox believes Tebow 'ought to be celebrated'

the dude could have a different girl under his arm every day of the year and live the high life in the world's eyes, instead Tim Teebow picks up his cross daily and follows his Beloved...
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I think he's the real deal. I respect his willingness to espouse his beliefs to all regardless of what they think or say. I think with his work ethic he will keep at it until he turns himself into a top notch quarterback. I'll cheer him on ( except when he plays the Bears).
  3. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

I respect and admire Tebow.
  4. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

You might say he has "someone special" giving him guidence.:thumbsup:
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I like em, He is not a bad person per say and its rare for the NFL to have a player that dont have a ton of baggage behind him in terms of drugs, criminal, or other charges.

I just dont like his team thats all.
  6. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

As a football player, I have complete disgust for him and anyone else that wears the bronco's uniform. I'm just a Denver hater, nothing personal...

As a man; I have great respect for him, it's rare nowadays to see such a public figure make a stand for what he believes in. He's an example to young folks and old alike; don't be afraid to love the Lord and proclaim it.
  7. rosierita

rosierita Active Member

like him. & like his boldness A LOT!
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Tim was brought up going on mission trips every year and seeing how kids lived in third world countrys. His family has built and supports orfans and much of his money he earns goes there. His vacations are spent on mission trips. While he was at florida, he took urban meyer our head coach and his kids on mission trips with him. He has helped to get so many players saved its not funny. He is the real deal al right. He will go as far as he wants to go in life no matter what he does on or off the field. He feeds off of the doubters. No matter if denver keeps him or not, whoever gets him will get 120% from him every play, every day. Thats just Tebow.
  9. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Well-Known Member Supporting Member

He reminds me of when Jon Kitna played for the Bengals. He was very Christian in acts, words and deeds. When not on the field playing, but rather on the sidelines, he chose to wear a Bengal Orange ball cap with a big Cross on it as I recall.

The lord's of the NFL went battshit.
  10. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Active Member

I am a non believer. I respect Tebow for his style
    and the strength of his belief. I love how he has
    the NFL pundits all stirred up. He is a fine player, too.
  11. AAofLot19

AAofLot19 Member

I'm sure he's a great guy. I have nothing against him as a man. On the other hand, he's a terrible NFL quarterback. At some point, you have to throw the ball to win games. Defenses will catch up to his style the same way they have the wildcat offense, which is nonexistant these days after just a couple years.
  12. Double D

I find it hillarious that a quarterback who plays 8 games in the NFL can be completely summed up as a terrible quarterback. How many others got put on the field and judged in a couple of games. People want him to fail so bad that they wont allow him an opportunity to progress into an NFL quarter back. Its as if they expected him to already have NFL experience before ever playing. Wow.
  13. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

Time will tell if Teebow's talents can redefine the QB position in the NFL... Denver has essentialy scrapped their "pro offense" and adapted it to what Teebow does best... can TT continue to grow with this over the long run? I don't know, but if there is one player who can do it TT can... I for one love to watch him play, no matter how ugly it looks it is always enjoyable to watch... my daughters now love to watch football now and don't want to miss TT when he is on the tube playing!!!
  14. Double D

You see what I am saying? So many people have said after 3-4 games that hes not an NFL quarterback. Well, by gosh no kidding? Does anyone come into a system and learn it overnight? Because he prays and is such a nice guy he shouldnt get the chance to develop? I dont get it. Lets face it, he isnt exactly surrounded by a bunch of talent. I know of a pile of nascar drivers that have driven for 10 years and havent won much at all but are darn good drivers. Maybe he wont develop into a great QB in the NFL and maybe he will. All I know is the more he is told he cant, the more he will prove them wrong. He is a winner on and off the field and will succeed no matter what and that in itself will be enough to kill the haters.
  15. 45nut

45nut Active Member

Kitna has a Dallas Cowboy Blue hat with a big ol cross on it.

I like and respect Tebow. Deep down, all the folks spewing hate are scared he's right. :eek:

Even though I'm not a huge Bronco's fan and I don't much like their new fugly uniforms either. :bleh: I still root for Tebow just because he causes the pundits grief.