1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

time 4 aNOOtv??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ibtrukn, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

MA SONY trinitron now about 8yrs old an piktube onda way out. havbin tyrkikn an narroed it down2 sony 40" mod 40Z. NOT S, V W or XBR. also am jusabout reddi2 by itfrum amazon. YO!! no tax&freeshippin an setup in hous. NE U dudes go this root an howdju make out. yes no mebbe...........IB all eers:cool:
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

Holy crap, that hurts to read that. :eek::D

I haven't ever bought anything that large from Amazon. But I buy hundreds of dollars in books a year from them, and they're great. It used to be tax free, but now, NY makes them collect it. Free shipping still though on anything over $25.

If that's the best deal you've been able to find, i say go for it. Of course, if you can hold off and wait, you may find a better deal locally when things in the economy really start to tank.

We ain't seen nuthin' yet. :eek:
  3. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Circuit City, as you may know, is closing their doors. I visited one yesterday and was surprised to find what were actually good deals (normally those "going out of business" sales are bullsh*t). Might want to give them a look-see.

If you have the space I would recommend a projector of course :D.
  4. oldogy

oldogy New Member

Last year I bought the Samsung 46" flat screen from Amazon, rated a 'best buy' by CR. Think it was around $1200 delivered and set up. Great picture.
    oldogy
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  5. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Don't waste your money on a new TV. Buy a gun and shoot the old tv...much more fun.
  6. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

I still vote projector. 140" of bliss, the new one I got (warranty replaced a "broken" one) sells for under $1,000 (720p). [That's an old picture, and that's one of my roommates being weird, but it shows the scale nicely :D]

[​IMG]
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I thought video games on a projector was a "no-no" ??

mike
    gn
  8. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Durn IBT..... long time no post.....:eek:

Ya out on work release ??? :p
  9. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Roomate on left or the right ?...........:D
  10. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Nonsense, that's the best part :D Who told you such malicious information!!! ;)

:D
  11. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Video games on a rear-projection TV are a "no-no," as images that don't change (such as some places on "Guitar Hero" and many, many older games) can be permanently "burned" into the screen of the TV. This is why screensavers were invented for computers.

As for proper projectors, there is no problem with video games.
  12. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Shouldn't be a problem with rear projection these days either though as far as I know.
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Shouldn't, but that doesn't always mean won't.

About two years ago I saw a TV in a hospital that had been left on a weather radar channel for far too long, and it had parts of the map permanently on the screen. I don't know how old that TV was, but it wasn't ancient by any means.

Hopefully there's better stuff out there now, but I don't know that for sure.
  14. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

+YO allymountie----me be'n x-AF type nevr cud capeesh y u dudes incisstd onjmpn outta poifecly gud aerocraft??

no projecshun tv, IB liv ina howz nota wherehowz. as far as besby?? howDh diddey evr get that name> sevrl franklins morn amazon an circt city? heh no way jose. floor demos no box paprs or remotes on sum for 4 large morn Amazon +tax an 100 4 delivry. IB think hebe goin wit Amazon.....best price no tax free delivry inside howz in2 NE rm setup an werkn. IB say prty hard 2beetdat!!!:cool:

BYdWAY------IB tankx allD kind respozez an dooli prciates
  15. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

idtrukn, why not try English?