Time for a national Ban on Pick up Trucks..................

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ka64, Jul 23, 2012.

1. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Authorities: 13 dead after truck crashes in Texas http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles...3/US.Deadly.Truck.Crash.Texas/?cid=hero_media

GOLIAD, Texas — A pickup truck overloaded with passengers veered off a highway and crashed into trees in rural South Texas, killing at least 13 people and leaving 10 injured, authorities said.
    Border Patrol was assisting in the investigation into the Sunday evening crash in Goliad County, about 150 miles northeast of the border with Mexico. It was not immediately clear if those involved were illegal immigrants.
    Gerald Bryant, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety, said at least 23 passengers, were crammed inside the truck's cab and bed, including at least two young children whom he saw among the dead.
    "This is the most people I've seen in any passenger vehicle, and I've been an officer for 38 years," Bryant said, referring to the chaotic scene in Goliad County.
    The white 2000 Ford F-250 pickup was heading north on U.S. 59 on Sunday evening when it drove off the right side of the highway near the unincorporated community of Berclair in Goliad County and struck two large trees, Bryant said. Berclair is about 90 miles southeast of San Antonio.
    Border Patrol, state troopers and Goliad County sheriff's investigators were investigating what caused the single-vehicle crash.
    "It's unknown whether or not (the victims) were illegal, but it's possible," Bryant told the AP.
    Adrian Fulton, a funeral director at Victoria Mortuary Services where 11 of the bodies were taken, said representatives from the Mexican Consulate were on the scene Sunday night.
    Authorities initially said 11 people had died. Early Monday, Department of Public Safety dispatcher Cynthia Duffield in San Antonio said another two had died at hospitals overnight.
    Six of those who died were still inside the mangled vehicle truck when emergency crews arrived at the scene, Bryant said.
    "It's been very chaotic here, and it's very traumatic," Bryant told the San Antonio-Express News.
    He told The Associated Press that several of the surviving victims had life-threatening injuries. He did not have their official conditions but described them as "very serious." The injured were taken to hospitals in San Antonio, Victoria and Corpus Christi.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

or illegal immigrants ??
  3. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Think Pick ups would be easier Jack.........
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    it is quite obvious to me that the truck caused this terrible accident! Ban all trucks, and we will no longer have this sort of death toll! Where is our Government when we need it most?
  5. carver

carver Moderator

We already have laws that ban illegal immigrants. Somehow that one's not working!
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

ban law makers

they never seem to get it right
  7. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

It won't work when the POS, errr, POTUS refuses to have the laws enforced and actually tries to make criminals out of those that are trying to enforce them.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

Jack, banning law makers is an idea that I really like!!
  9. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Active Member

Goliad is about 30 miles from the town that I live in. The story is on the front page of the news paper today.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

now back in the days you set the place up , you had town congress's and decided then and their what was fair right ??

why pay someone to tell you right from wrong , you know what it is
    a concensus agree's
    you write it up
    send a copy to the state capital

done ..

yes you get things like in mormon area's they vote for mormon issues

( not poking at Mormons ok ?? but it'll be in the front row of complaints about that one .. )

so ?

in places like arizona they may put limits on how much water you can use in a drought , we do it here , every one gets a fair share when the supply is at risk ..

no need where it rains every weekend or so you dont make laws you dont need but you do get ones that suit that area and climate and population in that local

expect california to legalise pot , the pot heads can all move there .. ;) it has its advantages

you also get a say in state tax rates , you tell the gov what they can do and how much they can spend and get a competing quote from the private sector independantly

make government just process management , not people management

have good cops as folks do do totaly crazy stuff , but dont coddle them , lock em up or hang em

real deterence does work
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and double the penalty for public officials who break laws ..

not excuses and exemptions from the law .. make official crime a shameful thing , not expected thing ..

things should run ok again till you let the PC folks and the job for life politico's back in ..
  12. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

oh and bring back the true meaning of

separation of church and state ..

not this pinko biased version they push nowdays

the real meaning was churches will not interfere with the governance or laws of state and government will not interfere with Church issues ..

its that simple .. not that you CANT PRAY in a government building , or anywhere that gets government assistance ..

thats corrupting it

thats the government making a law that stops a persons faith , a common beleif among many , from making best wishes for the government ??

thats anti faith

and against that directive
  13. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Pretty sad that an Aussie knows more about our constitution than most of our Politicians. No offense Jack.........:eek:
  14. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My opinion: Jack would take that as a compliment; (I sure would). The politicians should take that as a condemnation of their lack of knowledge or use of what knowledge they have.
  15. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Trucks transporting illegal people into the country should be given a special tag for their license making them exempt from any and all safety regulations and recalls of defective vehicles. No rear view mirrors, bald tires no problem, low on brake fluid no problem, leaky exhaust system no problem, bad tie rods, shocks, leaky fuel lines, no problem. They are doing a service and should be exempt from such onerous and expensive practices such as maintenance. :rolleyes:
  16. tcox4freedom

tcox4freedom Well-Known Member Supporting Member

By all means, all PUTs should be banned. People can misuse the "capacity" of the rear bed to commit mass murder & injure to many people!

We must immediately implement laws that restrict the size & horsepower to all passenger vehicles that are not operated by professionals with the proper training. There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to own a vehicle that can carry more than four people. We also need to look at reducing the killing power of these vehicles because we all know it's speed that kills.

That's why as you president I am issuing an executive order effective immediately. This order will ban any further sale of vehicles that that have the capacity of more than four people. I am also implementing a restriction to high powered engines. I'm ordering that all further production vehicles must be limited to 100 horsepower & 65mph. To insure my orders are carried out, I'm authorizing all vehicles to be planted with black boxes & remote emergency shut-off capabilities. Anyone caught violating my orders will be subject to immediate arrest and will have their DL suspended & face possible prison time.

It is my firm belief that only those will special training and those who serve in a law enforcement position should be allowed to use & have in their possession high passenger capacity vehicles & high powered engines.

Please note that I realize this decision will not please everybody. That's why I am making exemptions available to everyone that can prove they voted for me in the last election or they have made a significant contribution to my campaign.

Sincerely;
    your POSPOTUS

:)
  17. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2012/jul/22/jp_goliad_fatality_072312_183108/?counties

Death toll now 14

Jennifer Preyss • Originally published July 22, 2012 at 9:03 p.m., updated July 23, 2012 at 2:54 p.m.

Photo Gallery: Goliad County Wreck Gallery
    Launch Gallery »
    VIDEOS
    14 illegal immigrants killed in Goliad County wreck

14 illegal immigrants killed in Goliad County wreck

Download PDF
    BERCLAIR - Fourteen illegal immigrants were killed and nine injured in a one-vehicle wreck in Goliad County near the Bee County line.

Eleven males and three females from Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico were among those who died, said Gregory Palmore, of the Office of Public Affairs-U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, also known as ICE. The identities and ages have not yet been released, but two of the deceased are confirmed to be under 18 years old.

The driver of the 2000 Ford F-250 extended-cab pick-up truck, who was one of the 11 who died at the scene, was heading toward Goliad and struck a tree about three miles south of Farm-to-Market Road 1351 about 6:30 p.m., Department of Public Safety troopers said.

The right front tire appeared to have lost its tread about 300 yards before impact. The driver veered to the right side of the road and crashed into the trees, said DPS Lt. Glen Garrett. The highway's speed limit is 75 mph and Garrett said the truck was traveling at least that fast.

Of the 14 who died, six were inside the cab. Five of the passengers who were riding in the bed were killed after they were ejected, said Trooper Gerald Bryant. Three additional passengers later died in hospitals.

Victor Corzo, the head of legal affairs at the Mexican consulate in San Antonio, said the only Mexican citizen involved was a 22-year-old man from Tamaulipas state. They are still trying to contact his family in Mexico, his name has not been released.

The top of the extended cab truck had to be cut away by firefighters from Goliad and Beeville.

"It was not a bloody scene, which indicates they died on impact," Bryant said.

The injured and deceased were men, women and children with the youngest being about 8 years old, Bryant said.

Officials said they appeared to be illegal immigrants and U.S. Border Patrol agents were assisting on the scene. Homeland Security Investigations, or HSI, is providing assistance to DPS and the Goliad County Sheriffs Office.

U.S. Highway 59 was closed down by the Goliad Sheriff's Department beginning at FM 1351.

Emergency crews were still removing bodies after 10:30 p.m. Sunday.

Of the 12 initially injured, four were taken by ambulance to DeTar Hospital Navarro in Victoria. One was in the intensive care unit in critical condition. Two of those originally taken to Victoria were later airlifted to San Antonio Military Medical Center.

Another victim was flown from the scene by AirLife to a San Antonio hospital.

Two more victims were airlifted by Halo to a Corpus Christi hospital while another was flown to that city by PHI, said Mary Jane Martin, the public information officer for Goliad County Emergency Management.

Four more victims were taken by ambulance to a Bee County hospital, Martin said.

As of Monday at 12:37 p.m., nine of the 23 passengers are alive.

The bodies were taken to Victoria Mortuary Service.

The Mexican Consulate is assisting with the case, Bryant said.

Garrett said a crisis counseling team is available to help the more than 40 responders at the scene.

"On the human side of it, it can be emotional for them too," Garrett said.
  18. geds

geds New Member

If this weren't so tragic, I would make a joke about it carrying clowns.....
  19. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

i've looked all around the world looking for inspiration , and maybe a example if we can get to rewrite the rules here ..

your constitution while not perfect is the only one that actually allows true freedom

i'd still toss half of it , keep first 12 and no 28 , toss the rest

with just those ones we'd not have the strife we have here ...

your founding fathers gave you all the tools you need right there in that document

all you need to make it work is apply determination and grit ( balls)

and keep things honest .. and when liberals start making their evil PC in roads , TOSS EM OUT ON THEIR BUTTS
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012