Time for a new barrel?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by darkwolf210, Dec 9, 2010.

1. darkwolf210

darkwolf210 New Member

I own a police trade in Glock 17. I do not know how much wear and tear the barrel took, but the clip release button is pretty worn down. I LOVE this gun, never makes a mess when it fires over 200 rounds and ...well anyway,

When do you know you need a new barrel? I dont want my personal defense weapon to be inaccurate by any shape way or form. Thanks all! : )
  2. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you know you need a new barrel when either your locking lugs are worn too badly or the barrel shoots so inaccurately as to be insufficient for the purpose given.

the way you tell is to shoot paper to see the accuracy. in most handguns the barrel will outlast the shooter however.

by the way. my glock 22 is a police trade in. i carry it every day
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Johns right. The glocks are polygonal and dont wear like a cut rifled barrel does do. That glock barrel will most likely outlast you and the guy you trade it to down the line.... Take yourself a glock armorers course and you will be able to strip and rebuild them with your eyes shut...