Time to unclutter the gun safe?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by redhawk313, Sep 12, 2006.

1. redhawk313

redhawk313 New Member

I have the following guns I am thinking of selling:

Ruger M-77 rifle- 7mm Rem. Magnum, Weaver mounts and Weaver 3 to 9x Wideview scope with 4 plex reticle, sling, stock has been fiberglass bedded by a gunsmith. Purchased new in 1977, fewer than 100 rounds through it and it is in almost new condition. Comes with 7 boxes of Ammo and 4 boxes of brass.

Remington 700BDL - 6mm Remington, Weaver mounts and 2 to 7x Redfield scope with cross hair reticle. sling, four boxes of brass and one box of ammo, this rifle is in very good condition.

Remington Model 788 - .22-250 caliber, Weaver mounts and Weaver 4x wideview scope, sling, 6 boxes of ammo and two boxes of brass and RCBS reloading dies. This rifle is in very good condition.

Colt MkIV-70 Series Govt. Model .45 ACP, Nickel finish, two magazines, and a hard case. This pistol is in excellent condition, purchased new in 1979.

Dan Wesson 357 Magnum Pistol with 8 inch heavy barrel with vent rib, a 6 inch extra barrel, pistol packer case, and extra zebrawood grip. In excellent shape, purchased new in 1979.

Dan Wesson .22 pistol, full size frame, same size as the 357, comes with hard case. In excellent shape, purchased new in 1979.

If I part with these guns, I do not want to let them go for too little.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Geez, all these posts and not a 'please' among them! ;) :)
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Assuming that your Ruger is a standard Model 77R in 7mm Rem. Mag., the Blue Book values it at:

98% - $395
    95% - $325

The scope and mounts would add extra value, but I don't know how much.

The glass bedding is a nice selling point, but probably won't increase the value.