Tiny Black Spots on Stainless Steel

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by MagicGuy, Sep 28, 2006.

1. MagicGuy

MagicGuy New Member

I just bought a Seecamp .32 about two weeks ago. Love the gun! But today I noticed a few tiny black spots on the grip (the back part, not where my fingers grab). They will not rub off, and was just wondering what the cause of them may be, and how I can get them off!

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(I'm a new member so I apologize if this question is in the wrong section!)
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Welcome to TFF.

Put a small drop of oil on a green ScotchBrite pad and rub lightly.
  3. Oh no! The dreaded "black spot disease!" It's fatal, Magic, all hope is lost. Your only chance now is to sell me the Seacamp at scrap metal prices. :D

Seriously, welcome to TFF!! And Shooter has the right of it for getting the spots off, but remember, the operative phrase here is, "rub lightly." I've also used 0000 steel wool and a touch of WD-40 for this purpose, and it too usually works pretty well.
  4. MagicGuy

MagicGuy New Member

Haha, thanks for the advice. But I like my Seecamp too much to sell it.. even with the tiny black spots!

I'll definitely give it a try. Now what about these pesky little hairline surface scratches on the right side of the barrel. Where do they come from?!?

I've heard Flitz works good to remove these. Is this so?
  5. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Welcome Magic
    The little sratches you speak could be holster wear from being worn in a holster the flitz should be able to hide the scratches
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Use the same ScotchBrite pad to remove ALL scratches. Just remember to rub LIGHTLY.