1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Tiny pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by slomojo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. slomojo

slomojo New Member

I was wondering the make of this little pistol and the worth . I paid $40 for it at a tailgate auction about ten years ago . Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

Your gun is most likely Belgian, and is from the "Velo-dog" family of pocket revolvers. The mainspring should be a leaf type spring. Someone has adapted a coil spring mechanism.
    You didn't get hurt for $40, but there is not a lot of collector interest in these.
    Bill
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Its a pretty cool little well worth your $40 but I really can't narrow you a price down
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi slomojo.....welcome to TFF. :)

Bill & SS have pretty much nailed it. These little "watch fob" pistols aren't either very old, or very collectable. I remember these things being advertised for sale for about $10-15 back in the '50's.

And....obviously, ammunition for them is impossible to find nowadays.
  5. IBFrank

IBFrank New Member

The hammer has a shape resembling the British Webley and they made a small revolver called the "Ric" or something like that. Can't remember seeing one though. Any other markings or cal. stamps?
  6. zippo-mania

zippo-mania New Member

Hi,

I am looking to buy more of the tiny Belgian pistol revolvers...I prefer those that are 4 inches in size or less...can anyone help me find a source...Thanks! David
  7. 72XLT

72XLT New Member

Got any ammo? looks like it may be a "pin-fire" nice nitch piece, but figure out if it's designed to strike a primer or come down on a pin or shaft sticking out of the top of a casing..
  8. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

It's not a pinfire. If it was, you would see little notches in the rear face of the cylinder for the pins to stick out.
  9. lefaucheux 54

lefaucheux 54 Member

I confirm , it's not a pinfire system but central fire system :D:D
    nice looking and worth more than 40 dollars

http://lefaucheux.no-ip.info

LF 54