Tiny pistol

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by slomojo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. slomojo

slomojo New Member

I was wondering the make of this little pistol and the worth . I paid $40 for it at a tailgate auction about ten years ago . Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Active Member

Your gun is most likely Belgian, and is from the "Velo-dog" family of pocket revolvers. The mainspring should be a leaf type spring. Someone has adapted a coil spring mechanism.
    You didn't get hurt for $40, but there is not a lot of collector interest in these.
    Bill
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Its a pretty cool little well worth your $40 but I really can't narrow you a price down
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi slomojo.....welcome to TFF. :)

Bill & SS have pretty much nailed it. These little "watch fob" pistols aren't either very old, or very collectable. I remember these things being advertised for sale for about $10-15 back in the '50's.

And....obviously, ammunition for them is impossible to find nowadays.
  5. IBFrank

IBFrank New Member

The hammer has a shape resembling the British Webley and they made a small revolver called the "Ric" or something like that. Can't remember seeing one though. Any other markings or cal. stamps?
  6. zippo-mania

zippo-mania New Member

Hi,

I am looking to buy more of the tiny Belgian pistol revolvers...I prefer those that are 4 inches in size or less...can anyone help me find a source...Thanks! David
  7. 72XLT

72XLT New Member

Got any ammo? looks like it may be a "pin-fire" nice nitch piece, but figure out if it's designed to strike a primer or come down on a pin or shaft sticking out of the top of a casing..
  8. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

It's not a pinfire. If it was, you would see little notches in the rear face of the cylinder for the pins to stick out.
  9. lefaucheux 54

lefaucheux 54 Member

I confirm , it's not a pinfire system but central fire system :D:D
    nice looking and worth more than 40 dollars

http://lefaucheux.no-ip.info

LF 54