Tip for people that shoot or and reload a lot.: Donate blood.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crash, Sep 17, 2004.

1. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Actually I urge you to not sell unless you are in dire need. I have donated more than 16 gallons over the years and 70 platlet donations at Red Cross. I have a blood center which buys blood only one block from my home. Problem is that they then SELL it to patients. Blood is not covered by insurance and causes additional charge to patients in need. Red Cross does not charge and only asks that you or family member donate a pint to help replace if possible.

I have O negative blood which is universal donor and a blood type which the blood centers pay a premium for and I would never sell it. Just a thought.
  2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I donate all the time, I'm considered a mega donor. Every now and then I'll donate in someone elses' name. The Medic blood mobile that we have come around has a machine on it, I think they call it Alec. It seperates the blood and removes the plasma right there. This makes it usable immediately and produces 2 units instead of just one as when you give whole blood. I think donating is a great idea.
  3. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

i recently went to the local blood center to see about selling my plasma since i can't seem to find work, but unfortunately my veins are too small for the needles :(
  4. 4570fanatic

4570fanatic New Member

I really think that this this lead exposure thing has been blown out of proportion. I had a worry about lead exposure, but really all you need to do is; wash your hands,arms,face, and hair after shooting. You must also not put your fingers in your mouth after shooting, and avoid eating after shooting. Be sure to also blow your nose after shooting, because that stuff builds up in your nose. Be sure to also keep your calcium levels up, to prevent the lead from sticking to your bones. Women and younger children are at a great risk for lead poisoning, due to a calcium deficience. A friend of mine build his own mini gun range, which has no ventalition, and he is doing just fine. I hope what I said will help those that are worried :).