Tired of changing out wire ring on shell holders...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/26/02 8:46:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Tired of changing out wire ring on shell holders...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's something I made today. Went to the Ace hardware store and found some 1 inch OSD X 1/2 inch inner hole X 5/16 tall. They had a hex set screw to tighten them down on round stock.

With my mini-lathe I opened up the inner hole to about 3/4 of an inch, big enough so the shell holder would allow this collar to be slipped on. Had to lop off the thickness about 1/16 of an inch so it fit on the shell holder and still allowed the cartridge brass to slide in and out as needed.

Works like a charm, and is it ever fast to change out the shell holders on a single stage press. No more zip sprung wire ring goes flying to god knows where, the coller solves that problem.

I made up four of them for my C&H 4 die station press.

Try them you'll like 'em.

Gunguy

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/26/02 11:26:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Tired of changing out wire ring on shell holders...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like a neat idea, GG -

Solved my problem by getting a Bonanza Co-Ax with the spring loaded shell holder plates! A bit more expensive, but well worth the cost.