1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Tired of changing out wire ring on shell holders...

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/26/02 8:46:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Tired of changing out wire ring on shell holders...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's something I made today. Went to the Ace hardware store and found some 1 inch OSD X 1/2 inch inner hole X 5/16 tall. They had a hex set screw to tighten them down on round stock.

With my mini-lathe I opened up the inner hole to about 3/4 of an inch, big enough so the shell holder would allow this collar to be slipped on. Had to lop off the thickness about 1/16 of an inch so it fit on the shell holder and still allowed the cartridge brass to slide in and out as needed.

Works like a charm, and is it ever fast to change out the shell holders on a single stage press. No more zip sprung wire ring goes flying to god knows where, the coller solves that problem.

I made up four of them for my C&H 4 die station press.

Try them you'll like 'em.

Gunguy

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/26/02 11:26:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Tired of changing out wire ring on shell holders...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sounds like a neat idea, GG -

Solved my problem by getting a Bonanza Co-Ax with the spring loaded shell holder plates! A bit more expensive, but well worth the cost.