Tis the Season - Support Our troops!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lori Mick, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I just found a great site that has a ton of links to all the support sites online.

If ya'll have any others, please list them here so we can all get in the spirit of supporting our troops!

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah and Happy Holidays to all!

http://troopssupport.com/
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I just donated some money to help support Project Healing Waters. It provides and teaches fly fishing and fly tying opportunities and programs for our wounded soldiers. Thank you Lori for the post whatever we can do to support these young men and women makes it a noble cause.
  4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

that is cool, Terry! I love the stuff that helps our wounded!

I try to give at all the seasons....even the Pizzas for the Superbowl and July 4th!
    :D
  5. Guns_Up_Jams_On

Guns_Up_Jams_On New Member

I like seeing people spun up on stuff like this since I've been on the recieving end.

Of all the random stuff people sent us in Iraq and Afghanistan, (and I do mean random - this summer we got some yo-yo's in Iraq and it turned us into kids) the coolest thing we ever got was a box of letters from some kindergarden class in the midwest. These kids asked all kinds of bizarre questions. In the letter I picked up this little girl asked me to write her back and even included some blank paper and a pencil in the envelope.
  6. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Well hell.... if you send me your address I would LOVE to send you a care package this year! It'll mean so much more than just sending a random package!! :D
  7. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

8. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    Trust me when I say any donations to the USO is great as with all legit Vetern and current service charities. My son spends a LOT of time at the USO in airports on the way from one base to another. They were nice when I was in but the USO changes with the times so as to cater to todays generation of sevice men and women. Used to be a place to rest, get a sback, play a game of pool but now they have internet and viedo games for todays kids in uniform.

Me, I will be donating, I know my son and a BUNCH of his buddies will be eating as much deer jerky as we can make!!! At least we will see him Christmas.